Username Password: Remember me

Empty Sub Menu using Back Button
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: Empty Sub Menu using Back Button

Empty Sub Menu using Back Button 11 years, 7 months ago #11128

• gvalcho
  • Fresh Boarder
I added a sub menu.  The sub menu displays fine.  Accessing a sub menu item works fine as well.

However, after viewing a sub menu item, when I click "back", to return to the sub menu, I get an empty screen. This occurs every time on Android and iPhone.

The mobile site is live, www.uautopullitautoparts.com. U-Auto Pull-It Auto Parts.  The sub menu can be found under "New Parts."

I am using Joomla 1.5.24 and I just upgraded to the latest Mobile Joomla version 1.1 (I thought the upgrade might resolve the issue, but it did not.).

FYI...I tried this forum post, but it did not help: www.mobilejoomla.com/forum/5-bug-reports/8697-empty-menu-module-being-shown.html#8697

Thanks, GV
Last Edit: 11 years, 7 months ago by gvalcho.

Re: Empty Sub Menu using Back Button 11 years, 7 months ago #11132

• dryabov
  • Administrator
  • Denis Ryabov, Lead Developer
I've opened it on Android, then went to Menu->New Parts->Chrome Door Handles, and then back to home page using back button (and hardware back button on pages without such button in header bar). The only issue is that initial page was loaded too long time.

BTW, on Android I see red mobile theme, and on uautopullitautoparts.com/?device=xhtml I see standard MJ template. How do you process template changing?

Re: Empty Sub Menu using Back Button 11 years, 7 months ago #11134

• gvalcho
  • Fresh Boarder
Thanks for taking a look, maybe I need to let it process.  But I am expecting the sub menu to return withing seconds.

I built the red template here: jquerymobile.com/themeroller/
Last Edit: 11 years, 7 months ago by gvalcho.

Re: Empty Sub Menu using Back Button 11 years, 7 months ago #11151

• gvalcho
  • Fresh Boarder
On my Android the menu never reappears.  The previous post indicated that there is just a delay.  Not true.  The empty menu screen is permanent.

Re: Empty Sub Menu using Back Button 11 years, 7 months ago #11157

• dryabov
  • Administrator
Do you use a network of servers? I get different pages in emulator and real device.

Re: Empty Sub Menu using Back Button 11 years, 7 months ago #11165

• gvalcho
  • Fresh Boarder
No, not that I know of.  This site is on shared hosting at GoDaddy.

Re: Empty Sub Menu using Back Button 11 years, 7 months ago #11166

• gvalcho
  • Fresh Boarder
What different pages do you get?

I build a New parts page for the web, and then I make a second copy for the mobile menu.  I put the second copy in a different Section/Category.  But the article "alias" was the same for both articles.  I just changed the mobile article aliases by adding -mobi to the end of each.  Now the web article alias is "head-lights," and the mobile article is "head-lights-mobi."

This did not fix the issue, but I wanted to let you know I made this change.

Re: Empty Sub Menu using Back Button 11 years, 7 months ago #11185

• dryabov
  • Administrator
Your site redirect mobile visitors to uautopullitautoparts.com/www.uautopullitautoparts.com/mobile-home?Itemid=16 with JTouch template. At the same time using direct MJ links like uautopullitautoparts.com/?device=iphone displays default MJ iphone template. Most likely issue with back button is related to JTouch template, and not to MobileJoomla.

Re: Empty Sub Menu using Back Button 11 years, 7 months ago #11186

• dryabov
  • Administrator
This full error message in javascript console log:

Error: Syntax error, unrecognized expression: &ui-page=0-0
uautopullitautoparts.com/templates/jtouch/client-libs/jquerymobile/11/jquery.min.js (line 23)

So, it's JTouch template issue.

Re: Empty Sub Menu using Back Button 11 years, 7 months ago #11215

• gvalcho
  • Fresh Boarder
Thank you!
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.10 seconds

By continuing to use this site you consent to the use of cookies on your device as described in our cookie policy unless you have disabled them. This site will not function correctly without cookies.

I accept cookies from this site.