Username Password: Remember me

Elegance app for Smartphones?
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: Elegance app for Smartphones?

Elegance app for Smartphones? 12 years ago #8997

• LAMF
  • Senior Boarder
I'm considering to buy the Elegance template but I was wondering if it's gonna be any app for smartphones as well as it is for iPhones....?

Re: Elegance app for Smartphones? 12 years ago #9030

• C00L
  • Administrator
Hi there, Elegance template is a mobile joomla template, so will not turn your website into an app. However, it has an 'App mode' for iPhone, so when people bookmark the front page, they'd be able to access it from their homescreen via an icon (like an app). Just visit www.mobilejoomla.com on your iPhone and test it yourself

Re: Elegance app for Smartphones? 12 years ago #9059

• LAMF
  • Senior Boarder
Yes and it's that function I would like for Smartphones like Samsung Galaxy S2 as well 

Re: Elegance app for Smartphones? 12 years ago #9086

• C00L
  • Administrator
This feature only works for iPhones unfortunately.

Re: Elegance app for Smartphones? 12 years ago #9087

• dryabov
  • Administrator
  • Denis Ryabov, Lead Developer
In Android there is no webapp mode like iPhone has. But you can bookmark a page and then put this bookmark to home screen (just tap&hold page icon in bookmarks list and choose add-to-home item in popup). But it's not real WebApp, because of you can scroll up to page URL and edit it, etc. Thought most of users consider it as a webapp.

Re: Elegance app for Smartphones? 11 years, 2 months ago #13740

• Maddok
  • Fresh Boarder
As you are very unclear in your answer, I would like to ask a clarifying question.

In a simple yes or no answer, is there any plan for an Android based feature which bookmarks my site in "app mode" like you offer for iPhone users?

If that answer is "no" will you please explain the reason for the platform discrimination?

Re: Elegance app for Smartphones? 11 years, 2 months ago #13755

• dryabov
  • Administrator
  • Denis Ryabov, Lead Developer
The answer is "no", because of there is no one-click solution to add website to home page (there is only long way I described above). It's limitation of Android, and we are waiting when it will be as simple as on iPhone.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.14 seconds

By continuing to use this site you consent to the use of cookies on your device as described in our cookie policy unless you have disabled them. This site will not function correctly without cookies.

I accept cookies from this site.