Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me

Installed latest Mobile Joomla - must be missing a setting
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: Installed latest Mobile Joomla - must be missing a setting

Installed latest Mobile Joomla - must be missing a setting 3 years, 11 months ago #21635

• aus4017
  • Fresh Boarder
Greetings from Brisbane, Australia.
I am currently building a new Joomla website www.new.aus4017.com.
I found out about Mobile Joomla and to optimize on mobile, tablet and desktop screensizes decided to install it, which I did yesterday.

When I then tried to load my website on my Galaxy S9, I was floored by what appeared - a small home page which I could vary the size of by using 2 fingers touching the screen. I was absolutely thrilled. However, when I tried again later that mini-home page no longer appeared. I must have accidentally changed a setting somewhere, but couldn't find it in documentation. Can anybody clarify this for me please. Thanks in advance !

John Wilson

Re: Installed latest Mobile Joomla - must be missing a setting 3 years, 11 months ago #21636

• dryabov
  • Administrator
  • Denis Ryabov, Lead Developer
Currently it seems to work well on mobile. Could you post a screenshot of that is wrong on your side?

Re: Installed latest Mobile Joomla - must be missing a setting 3 years, 11 months ago #21637

• aus4017
  • Fresh Boarder
It works ok when the mobile is rotated to landscape, but that is totally different to what I got when I loaded it first time after installation. It displayed a small version of the home page, about 30% or the portrait screen, and I could shrink/enlarge it by 2 finger touching. It was just brilliant. That style of display did not reappear when I reloaded the website later, so I'm not sure what I should see and where I went wrong.

Re: Installed latest Mobile Joomla - must be missing a setting 3 years, 11 months ago #21638

• aus4017
  • Fresh Boarder
Thank you Denis for your help ! Try browsing to www.new.aus4017.com on a mobile phone.
Is that what I should see ?

Thanks again !

John Wilson

Re: Installed latest Mobile Joomla - must be missing a setting 3 years, 11 months ago #21639

• dryabov
  • Administrator
I've attached screenshots from my Android phone (will check on iOS a little bit later). What do you have on your side?
Attachments:

Re: Installed latest Mobile Joomla - must be missing a setting 3 years, 11 months ago #21640

• dryabov
  • Administrator
Mobile Safari renders website almost identically to above-attached screenshots from Android phone.

Re: Installed latest Mobile Joomla - must be missing a setting 3 years, 11 months ago #21641

• dryabov
  • Administrator
Is it possible that you switched to desktop version using a link at the bottom of mobile page? (in this case URL of your homepage should be changed to new.aus4017.com/?device= or new.aus4017.com/?device=desktop)

Re: Installed latest Mobile Joomla - must be missing a setting 3 years, 11 months ago #21642

• aus4017
  • Fresh Boarder
I don't have any links at the bottom of the Home Page. The Home Page displays perfectly when mobile is rotated to Landscape view. However, in Portrait view it is somewhat of a mess.Header is partly shown, followed by Left Column and then Main Column underneath.

As I mentioned at the outset, when I first sccessed the website after installing Mobile Joomla it showed the full homepage in Portrait, approx a third of the screen size, and I was able to scale it by screentouching with 2 fingers and stretching it. That was just awesome. However it didn't work on the second occasion I tried to access. Must be a setting somewhere that's wrong.

Re: Installed latest Mobile Joomla - must be missing a setting 3 years, 11 months ago #21643

• dryabov
  • Administrator
Try to open www.new.aus4017.com/?device=mobile to switch to mobile version. Does it work?

Re: Installed latest Mobile Joomla - must be missing a setting 3 years, 10 months ago #21652

• aus4017
  • Fresh Boarder
No ! It only displays the main right column. No header, or left column displayed.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.10 seconds

By continuing to use this site you consent to the use of cookies on your device as described in our cookie policy unless you have disabled them. This site will not function correctly without cookies.

I accept cookies from this site.