Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me

the difference between responsive template and mobile template
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: the difference between responsive template and mobile template

the difference between responsive template and mobile template 10 years, 7 months ago #15888

• tarekitsme
  • Fresh Boarder
  • YoVibe
Hello
first of all , great work you guys have done with Joomla Mobile, it is really nice to be able to browse site and exploring very beautiful layout but :
correct me if i am right, but i am trying so hard to understand if there's any difference between responsive template and mobile template you are providing here

Best Regards

Re: the difference between responsive template and mobile template 10 years, 7 months ago #15970

• tarekitsme
  • Fresh Boarder
  • YoVibe
it looks like your product is an advanced product , i wonder if it is possible to edit Mobile Joomla pro under GPL source

Best Regards
Last Edit: 10 years, 7 months ago by tarekitsme.

Re: the difference between responsive template and mobile template 10 years, 7 months ago #15971

• dryabov
  • Administrator
  • Denis Ryabov, Lead Developer
Responsive template is a common template for both desktop and mobile versions. Advantage of this way is common codebase, so that any changes will appear on all devices instantly. Disadvantage is increasing of css files to describe page elements for different resolutions.

Mobile template is a special template for mobile devices (so, you have two templates: one for desktop and other for mobiles). This way allows to make mobile version as fast and responsive as possible, but you should sync both templates after changing colors, adding new modules, etc.

MobileJoomla is able work in both modes, but it doesn't include example of responsive template. It includes two examples of mobile templates: mobile_smartphone (based on Nokia's blank template) and mobile_iphone (based on alpha version of jQTouch framework). In addition, there are two very simple template: mobile_wap for ancient phones without support of HTML (WML only), and mobile_imode for some Japanese phones that use CHTML markup instead of HTML.
The following user(s) said Thank You: tarekitsme
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.06 seconds

By continuing to use this site you consent to the use of cookies on your device as described in our cookie policy unless you have disabled them. This site will not function correctly without cookies.

I accept cookies from this site.