Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me

Your theme and Yoothemes Cloud
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: Your theme and Yoothemes Cloud

Your theme and Yoothemes Cloud 11 years, 5 months ago #12777

Hi,

will your theme work alongside the theme I am using, it is yootheme Cloud on a Joomla 2.5 instal

Re: Your theme and Yoothemes Cloud 11 years, 5 months ago #12778

• miikka
  • Senior Boarder
  • Building Mobile Joomla! partnerships
Hi, 

likely yes, though it's best that you install the free standard version of Mobile Joomla! and see the results yourself. We recommend that anyway before purchases, since you can then see if there's something fundamental not working (our Elegance theme won't fix that). Some galleries or other widgets might cause potential issues so it's better that you test first.

Best,
Miikka

Re: Your theme and Yoothemes Cloud 11 years, 5 months ago #12817

Ok I probably misunderstood as I thought it was the complete package etc. I didn't realise that there was a separate Mobile Joomla ... so is the equivalent of Joomla 2.5 for a standard website and then your theme sits on top of it?

You mentioned that some of the widgets would not work, what I was actually going to do was assign some completely different plain new modules that are standard text based for the mobile website. Would this work though, what I mean is could I have two very different layouts look/feel one for the standard site and one of the mobile. In my mind it is the only way to get it clean and working. I'm pretty sure that the main showcase mod that shows the reader images the guys who developed it would be able to do a mobile version (scroll left/right) Hope that all makes sense and thanks for your help so far.

regards Paul
Last Edit: 11 years, 5 months ago by paulwilliams.

Re: Your theme and Yoothemes Cloud 11 years, 4 months ago #12827

• miikka
  • Senior Boarder
  • Building Mobile Joomla! partnerships
Yes, you can download and use the standard Mobile Joomla! core extension for free, and it will a) automatically provide you a mobile website with our standard mobile template; and b) optimize all your site content (and strip off unnecessary assets) to make it load up to 400-600% faster on mobile.

Now, you can use Mobile Joomla! only for the second option (b) in case you have a desktop theme that provides some kind of mobile layout or is responsive (typically these are all purely client-side adaptations which means they may look ok on mobile, but the page sizes are still similar to desktop and take an unnecessary long time to load on mobile). This is simple, just set your own theme for mobile in the MJ settings. As mentioned, in some cases it may be that some widgets/modules used on the desktop site will not display nicely on mobile anyway - but you can use MJ to disable those on mobile.

On the other hand, if you don't have desktop theme that could be squeezed into a decent mobile layout in any way (or want to just provide a better user experience), you can either use the Mobile Joomla! standard mobile theme which is automatically installed (and tweak it or develop your own version on top of that), or you can get our premium Elegance template if you wish to get something special.

In your case, what you are describing is totally doable with Mobile Joomla. As mentioned, we recommend you first install the standard Mobile Joomla! and see how it looks, and then decide if you want to upgrade to our Elegance theme.

Hope this clarifies.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.07 seconds

By continuing to use this site you consent to the use of cookies on your device as described in our cookie policy unless you have disabled them. This site will not function correctly without cookies.

I accept cookies from this site.