Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me

Can viewer choose between mobile version or full version?
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: Can viewer choose between mobile version or full version?

Can viewer choose between mobile version or full version? 11 years, 6 months ago #11700

I am very interested in the Mobile Joomla extension. However, it is one of the more pricey extensions that I would purchase AND I'll have to pass on the service to my client/s for them to continue to pay each year. So, if I am going to pay a premium price I need to know that it can preform this very simple task FIRST:

When a visitor reaches the website, we would like to present them with these options:

1. Call us 1.888.888.8888
2. Go to MOBILE SITE
3. Continue to FULL SITE

Would this be possible with Mobile Joomla?

Re: Can viewer choose between mobile version or full version? 11 years, 6 months ago #11715

• ebizteam
  • Fresh Boarder
I could really use the answer to this also. I would like to say the tool works wonderfully except for an easy way to view full site.

Re: Can viewer choose between mobile version or full version? 11 years, 6 months ago #11718

• 9iceguy
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Making life easier for all is my no. one priority.
Yes its possible, I don't know if its permitted to post link on here.
But I will send you a sample website if you want, through PM.
Just let me know.

Re: Can viewer choose between mobile version or full version? 11 years, 6 months ago #11720

Please PM me the link or email me: Benji at mbrpromo.com PLEASE! Thank you so much. I kinda expected to get a response quickly from the developer team since this is a pre sales question.

Re: Can viewer choose between mobile version or full version? 11 years, 6 months ago #11721

• 9iceguy
  • Fresh Boarder
Okay, I've done that.
If you have any other issue, just let me know.

Re: Can viewer choose between mobile version or full version? 11 years, 6 months ago #11735

• dryabov
  • Administrator
  • Denis Ryabov, Lead Developer
benjimckinney wrote:
I am very interested in the Mobile Joomla extension. However, it is one of the more pricey extensions that I would purchase AND I'll have to pass on the service to my client/s for them to continue to pay each year. So, if I am going to pay a premium price I need to know that it can preform this very simple task FIRST:

When a visitor reaches the website, we would like to present them with these options:

1. Call us 1.888.888.8888
2. Go to MOBILE SITE
3. Continue to FULL SITE

Would this be possible with Mobile Joomla?

In MJ it's possible to set special homepage for mobile devices, so you can create a page with above content. "Call us" will be usual "tel:" link, Mobile site will be a link to another menu item, and Full site will be "http :// yoursite.com/?device=desktop". But don't forget to check that "Markup Chooser" module is displayed in one of positions on desktop site, otherwise visitors will not be able to switch back to mobile mode.

Re: Can viewer choose between mobile version or full version? 11 years, 6 months ago #11736

• gorkemd
  • Senior Boarder
Well, that would be more helpful to describe what you've done instead of PMing eachother, though I appreciate the strong community support spirit. Thank you.

You can create a regular joomla menu and create tailored content you want under it. Then, you can set custom landing page for each category of devices (or all mobile devices in general) by setting "Force as Homepage" in the settings. Your newly created menu will be shown as a selection.

Re: Can viewer choose between mobile version or full version? 11 years, 6 months ago #11741

THANK YOU gorkemd & dryabov!! This is the answer that I needed. 9iceguy did send me a PM but it wasn't helpful. His link was to a website that did not seem to have the effect that I am looking for. I will purchase the Mobile Joomla module and see if I can make it work for my needs. Does Mobile Joomla work with Joomla 1.7? I cannot upgrade to 2.5 because of other modules that would be affected by the change.

THANK YOU!

Re: Can viewer choose between mobile version or full version? 11 years, 6 months ago #11742

• dryabov
  • Administrator
  • Denis Ryabov, Lead Developer
MobileJoomla supports Joomla!1.5-2.5, and will support Joomla!3.0 soon.
The following user(s) said Thank You: benjimckinney

Re: Can viewer choose between mobile version or full version? 11 years, 6 months ago #11743

• 9iceguy
  • Fresh Boarder
I only said something about PM because I don't know if links are permitted on here.
Sorry, if I've taken your time due to the fact that my explanation wasn't clear.
But I explained to you as a Developer and not a user.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.12 seconds

By continuing to use this site you consent to the use of cookies on your device as described in our cookie policy unless you have disabled them. This site will not function correctly without cookies.

I accept cookies from this site.