Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me

Are your templates compatible with rockettheme templates?
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: Are your templates compatible with rockettheme templates?

Are your templates compatible with rockettheme templates? 11 years, 9 months ago #10022

• ocaswell
  • Fresh Boarder
I am using a new Joomla 2.5 template from rockettheme and most of the fancy extensions they use do not display at all on iphones. Here is the site I am working on: whitinsvillechristian.org/WhitinsvilleChristian/
I need to have the following functionality in my website:

Calendar of events- need to have several categories- I am using Jevents for this
A slide show which includes title and descriptions - I am currently using Roksprocket
A tab display of articles -I am currently using roktabs
List of faculty and staff - I am using Community Builder for this.

Do you sell Joomla Templates which is suitable for a School site and is also compatible with smart phones.
I am early enough in the development that I can switch.

Please look at the website above on a computer and on Iphone and you'll understand my dilemma.

I appreciate your help,
Olympia

Re: Are your templates compatible with rockettheme templates? 11 years, 9 months ago #10031

• miikka
  • Senior Boarder
  • Building Mobile Joomla! partnerships
Hi Olympia,

Elegance Mobile Joomla! template works on all smartphones and should suit school sites as well. Elegance Mobile Joomla! template supports all native Joomla! features, (almost) all existing Mobile Joomla! extensions and all upcoming ones. You can see list of our officially supported extensions here: www.mobilejoomla.com/documentation/17-other/111-elegance-mobile-joomla-template-compatibility.html

However, we do not guarantee support for 3rd party Joomla! extensions. Mobile Joomla! should work with JEvents, though, while we don't support it officially. The other ones you listed likely won't work well on mobile.

The reason is, Joomla! extensions are developed by 3rd parties typically for web browsers. Mobility, however, requires separate design and implementation, so all 3rd party Joomla! components need to be designed and developed separately for mobile use - like we've done with Kunena and JComments Mobile Joomla! extensions.

Best,
Miikka
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.06 seconds

By continuing to use this site you consent to the use of cookies on your device as described in our cookie policy unless you have disabled them. This site will not function correctly without cookies.

I accept cookies from this site.