Username Password: Remember me

wrong / incorrect headers
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: wrong / incorrect headers

wrong / incorrect headers 11 years ago #14411

• leoarce
  • Fresh Boarder
i have been going at this for days, and i'm not making any head-way.

can someone please tell me why this is happening?

our site displays correctly in desktops browsers, showing desktop template, and our site shows correctly in mobile browsers, showing mobile template, but when the site is checked in different checkers and analyzers and graders and what-not, they are not picking up the html correctly.  they are supposed to be picking up the desktop html to analyze or grade or whatever, but instead they are picking up the mobile html.

the mobile headers are being broadcast for desktops.  is mobile joomla component doing something weird?  turning on caching is doing something weird?  please help.

go here: http:// validator.w3.org/
and plug in this: http:// hi-techms dot com (the regular way without the word dot)
it's supposed to check the desktop template, which is xhtml, but it's picking up the html5 mobile template.

then go here: http:// web-sniffer.net/
and plug in this: http:// hi-techms dot com (the regular way without the word dot)
again, it's supposed to show the headers info for desktop template, but instead is showing the headers info for mobile template.

i am at a loss.  this is mind boggling and bewildering.
Last Edit: 6 years, 5 months ago by leoarce.

Re: wrong / incorrect headers 11 years ago #14414

• leoarce
  • Fresh Boarder
ok so i disabled mobile joomla bot temporarily, like this article suggested:
www.mobilejoomla.com/documentation/12-getting-started/51-disabling-mobile-joomla.html

and no longer the incorrect headers are shown, but now mobile devices don't show mobile template.

well, that's not entirely true.

the desktop template i'm using has it's own mobile detecting abilities with it's own set of mobile templates.

this may be the cause of the whole issue.  the template and the mobile joomla component are in conflict with one another.

i would like to disable the template's mobile feature, so that only mobile joomla is at work, but can't figure it out.  i've tried many different configurations.  the template in question is ja_halite.

Re: wrong / incorrect headers 11 years ago #14415

• leoarce
  • Fresh Boarder
so in the template settings i made sure that the default desktop template displays in both iphone and other mobile devices.  at this point, with the mobile joomla bot off and the template settings the way it is, the headers are still correct.  desktop browser shows desktop template and mobile browser shows desktop template, and headers show the desktop template headers and the w3c site validates the xhtml of the desktop template.  everything works as it should, based on the settings.

now i just do one little change so that mobile browsers will show mobile template, and hopefully the desktop browsers and the headers and w3c act right, but no it wasn't to be.  just activating the mobile joomla bot made it go back to showing incorrect headers for desktop in web-sniffer and w3c.

before it could be said that the ja_halite template could be messing with it, but i made sure that the template settings didn't show it's own mobile template for mobile devices.  the only mobile detection in play right now is mobile joomla.  at least that's what i think.

can someone please help and confirm?

Re: wrong / incorrect headers 11 years ago #14431

• leoarce
  • Fresh Boarder
if anyone stumbles on this and tries to figure it out but notices site is working and not busted, that means i uninstalled mobile joomla and went with a different solution.  it's a shame no one had any input.  i really like mobile joomla and wanted it to work.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.07 seconds

By continuing to use this site you consent to the use of cookies on your device as described in our cookie policy unless you have disabled them. This site will not function correctly without cookies.

I accept cookies from this site.