Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me

Changing Background color header? and Markup module?
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: Changing Background color header? and Markup module?

Changing Background color header? and Markup module? 12 years ago #8561

Hello everybody,

Well, this is a verrrrry nice extension!! Really had my mobile site up in minutes. Then a little figuring what goes where and why to get a picture in the header and the content more fitting. Then I managed to change the fontcolor of the horizontal menu I have on top.

I'm currently working on the smartphone template. iPhone and more will follow suit.

Then I had a go at the background colors and the heading colors (H1,H2 etc). I tried to find them in the template's css, but could not. With my FTP program I went deeper and saw a baseStyles.css there. Here I could easily change the heading fontcolors and background to the body part. I guess I can also assign a background image this way.

Now the one thing I'm looking for and cannot find is how to change the background color of the header section. In the baseStyles.css I see the settings for header are empty. Only { and } and nothing in between. Putting a background color there didn't help though.

Any insight on this?

one other question:
I haven't tried it yet, And for now my bed is calling, but maybe somebody allready tried. Can you use the Change Markup module (to switch between mobile and regular view) also (as copy) on a footer position inside my normal page? Because if I now switch it on my phone, I cannot get back to the mobile view unless I delete cookies.

To view: www.free-frank.net (now in mobile view on Smartphone, and regular on PC)
I haven't had time to look at the iPhone template, so that may be a bit messy still. I don't own one also, but there bound to be an emulator somewhere

best regards everybody!

Frank
Amsterdam

PS: gonna shell out for the Elegance template, and will be shelling out to get it on clients websites also. A very special challenge will be to implement it on the new Joomla 2.5 site of a major nightclub. There I will have a hell of a job to get the right data displayed in the right way.
Last Edit: 12 years ago by Frankster69. Reason: added PS

Re: Changing Background color header? and Markup module? 12 years ago #8606

• Fintan
  • Fresh Boarder
New to this component so bear with me.
Here I could easily change the heading fontcolors and background to the body part. I guess I can also assign a background image this way.

Maybe I am just blind, but I couln't find the line to set the background color in base.css

Could you point me in the right direction?

Thanks in advance.

Re: Changing Background color header? and Markup module? 12 years ago #8641

Hello Fintan,

I'm sorry, I wasn't clear. In the Joomla backend, you can edit the templates css files. But, the settings for background etc aren't in there. I went with ftp to my sites root, and there in templates/mobile_smartphone/resources/styles/. There is another css file called baseStyles.css

The Background setting is hard to miss in that file, it's almost at the top

Re: Changing Background color header? and Markup module? 12 years ago #8675

• daredazel
  • Fresh Boarder
Hi Frankster68, glad i found this thread..

I'm new with Joomla! especially for Joomla! mobile
I have visited your web via mobile android, looks really great .. 
Do you have a manual to set up your template ? i really want to try for my mobile site..

starting from the header of a menu:
I have a very messy horizontal menu does not like you have, your menu looks neat as on the desktop, may i know how to set like yours?
then how to add image in the header?

and content:
what modules you use, so the image slider can be used on mobile joomla?

and last Footer:
How to change the default footer joomla mobile becomes the same as your footer?

I greatly appreciate your help. if you have time, you can visit my website at www.pontianak.gmahk.org really need suggestion for my web to look great like yours on mobile device.. I'm from Indonesia so my web in Bahasa.
Thank you.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.09 seconds

By continuing to use this site you consent to the use of cookies on your device as described in our cookie policy unless you have disabled them. This site will not function correctly without cookies.

I accept cookies from this site.