Username Password: Remember me

Zoom disabled in mobile template
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: Zoom disabled in mobile template

Zoom disabled in mobile template 12 years, 1 month ago #8028

• erichf
  • Fresh Boarder
On devices that support pinch to zoom like iphones, blackberry torch, etc. when viewing a site using the default Mobile Joomla template, it's not possible to zoom in using the touchscreen as can normally be done on a Web site. My customer's site has a table on one page that has a lot of columns which overflow the side of the template unless we make the font very small. Making the font so small makes it unreadable without zooming.

Is it possible enable zooming in the default mobile joomla template? Ctrl +/- works to zoom in and out when viewing the mobile template in a desktop browser.

Thanks

Erich

Re: Zoom disabled in mobile template 12 years, 1 month ago #8029

• erichf
  • Fresh Boarder
In the index.php file of the mobile_iphone template, I modified:
<meta name="viewport" content="width=device-width, initial-scale=1, minimum-scale=1, maximum-scale=1, user-scalable=no">
to be
<meta name="viewport" content="width=device-width, initial-scale=1">

This change allows the user to use the pinch zoom method to zoom out or in.

This has essentially resolved the issue although I'm still trying to find a better method for showing large amounts of data on a small screen.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.11 seconds

By continuing to use this site you consent to the use of cookies on your device as described in our cookie policy unless you have disabled them. This site will not function correctly without cookies.

I accept cookies from this site.