Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me

Why scaling of page is not allowed on smart phones?
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: Why scaling of page is not allowed on smart phones?

Why scaling of page is not allowed on smart phones? 12 years, 3 months ago #6993

• tapsa
  • Fresh Boarder
First, thanks to everyone who has made Mobile Joomla available! Everything seems to work fine by default settings. Great!

Anyhow, I have been pondering why viewpoint default setting are:
<meta name="viewport" content="width=device-width, initial-scale=1, minimum-scale=1, maximum-scale=1, user-scalable=no" />

It works well with Safari Mobile because Safari allows rescaling by default, but my Opera Mobile or Nokia's own browser (my phone is Nokia E7-00) does not. So I made some changes (similar to Safari's default settings):
<meta name="viewport" content="width=device-width, initial-scale=1, minimum-scale=1, maximum-scale=1.6, user-scalable=yes" />

Would you please make changes to Mobile Joomla's mobile_pda template's index.php file, or is there something with this I can't figure out? I use latest rc5 version of Mobile Joomla.

If you would like to visit the site, it is
Vantaa Cup 2012

Best Regards
-tapsa-
Last Edit: 12 years, 2 months ago by tapsa. Reason: correcting some typos
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.12 seconds

By continuing to use this site you consent to the use of cookies on your device as described in our cookie policy unless you have disabled them. This site will not function correctly without cookies.

I accept cookies from this site.