Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me

a basic question...
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: a basic question...

a basic question... 12 years, 4 months ago #6829

How do I change the appearance of the mobile site?

I've created an article, and tried styling it with a div absolutely positioned at 0,0, a background, etc. and nothing I do to the article changes the way the mobile site appears. I'm testing on a relatively old Blackberry, but that shouldn't make a difference, right?

The site is displaying the content/menus from the main site, which won't work.

What I really need to do is have the ability to create a series of pages/articles just for the mobile site, and then have each of the mobile templates display those pages when a mobile device is detected. Can someone point me in the right direction? I've been reading documentation for days, and I'm not gaining a sufficient understand to accomplish my tasks in Mobile Joomla.

Re: a basic question... 12 years, 4 months ago #6833

I've now moved to the Android emulator. It appears to be accessing the iPhone template - is this the way it's supposed to work?

It would be great if someone would reply to any of my posts, perhaps someone from Mobile Joomla would be willing to help out?

Re: a basic question... 12 years, 4 months ago #6844

• dryabov
  • Administrator
  • Denis Ryabov, Lead Developer
I'm not sure that old Blackberry support position:absolute. What is url of your site? I can test it with 9930 (OS7) emulator.

You can make special mobile menu and change mobile homepage to start with another page.

I use Android x86 emulator and it displays usual mobile_pda template (not iphone ones).
What emulator do you use?

Re: a basic question... 12 years, 4 months ago #6883

I've got the Android emulator now, and I guess I had the templates mis-labeled. The changes that I make to the template are appearing on the Android emulator.

What are the emulators you recommend for testing each of the four templates within Mobile Joomla?
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.07 seconds

By continuing to use this site you consent to the use of cookies on your device as described in our cookie policy unless you have disabled them. This site will not function correctly without cookies.

I accept cookies from this site.