Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me

Force a custom HTML Module to display in place of an Article?
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: Force a custom HTML Module to display in place of an Article?

Force a custom HTML Module to display in place of an Article? 12 years, 4 months ago #6813

• overboard
  • Fresh Boarder
Is it possible to force a custom HTML module to display in place of an Article, if I have only one Article on a page?

For the Android, I've been able to get close by assigning the custom HTML module to the same position the Article would normally take. The custom HTML module shows up first, followed by the Article.

Is there some way to suppress display of the Article that automatically displays, leaving just the custom HTML module?

Thanks-

Re: Force a custom HTML Module to display in place of an Article? 12 years, 4 months ago #6854

• dryabov
  • Administrator
  • Denis Ryabov, Lead Developer
You can assign the module to new position (note that you can type any text in position name field) and include the position into article by Load Modules plugin.

Re: Force a custom HTML Module to display in place of an Article? 12 years, 4 months ago #6865

• overboard
  • Fresh Boarder
Thank you for your help, dryabov! I so appreciate it. A further clarification question:
When I load the custom module into the Article as you recommend, how can I stop the Article itself from displaying after the custom module displays on mobile ? Not sure how to suppress the display of the Article itself. Won't the Article itself still show up in the middle or middle2 position on mobile templates?

Re: Force a custom HTML Module to display in place of an Article? 12 years, 4 months ago #6873

• dryabov
  • Administrator
  • Denis Ryabov, Lead Developer
You can make an empty article and set its settings to don't display article title, author, etc.
The following user(s) said Thank You: overboard
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.06 seconds

By continuing to use this site you consent to the use of cookies on your device as described in our cookie policy unless you have disabled them. This site will not function correctly without cookies.

I accept cookies from this site.