Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Hiding Site Name

Hiding Site Name 12 years, 5 months ago #6286

• eelucid8
  • Senior Boarder
Hi There,
I'm using a background image for my pda_mobile header so I'd like to hide the text that automatically displays the site name there. What's the easiest way to do that? I can't blank out the "Site Name" field in the MJ admin panel because I will need the site name to show up on the iPhone. Any hints? Thanks,
Bill

Re: Hiding Site Name 12 years, 5 months ago #6288

• Barnabas
Hi,
The iphone sitename is a bit of a mystery, but I think you can get what you want.
Each type of phone browser has its own template and positions can be either unique, such as mj_pda_header or shared between the templates, such as mj_all_header. You can have multiple copies of the module mod_mj_header, at the moment there is one, and it causes the problem you describe, which does either text or image for all templates.

If you go to Joomla admin back end
Extensions > Module Manager
make a copy of the Header Module
change name so it says Header PDA Module (so you can find it again)
edit it so position is mj_pda_header
module parameters show image
enable
save
Then edit the original Header Module
change name so it says Header iphone Module
edit it so position is mj_iphone_header (you may have to overwrite another existing position as it does not appear in the drop down)
module parameters show text
enable
save
repeat for mj-imode_header, mj_wap_header

I found that the iphone showed the site name without having to have a specific header module. If I had the module, then I would get the site name in two places on the iphone home page. I'm sure you can experiment for your own site to see what is best.
Hope that helps.

Re: Hiding Site Name 12 years, 5 months ago #6292

• hostess
  • Fresh Boarder
  • webmaster De Theeketel
With the correct useragent and in Firefox, it is easy to find the position, so in your index.php or your css you van change that.

Re: Hiding Site Name 12 years, 5 months ago #6293

• eelucid8
  • Senior Boarder
I just found the correct parent of that <h2> and said diplay: none
Thanks for your input!
Bill

Re: Hiding Site Name 12 years, 5 months ago #6294

• hostess
  • Fresh Boarder
  • webmaster De Theeketel
The pleasure was all mine! LOL
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.07 seconds

By continuing to use this site you consent to the use of cookies on your device as described in our cookie policy unless you have disabled them. This site will not function correctly without cookies.

I accept cookies from this site.