Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Scaling Issue

Scaling Issue 12 years, 6 months ago #6009

Hi guys,

I'm having an issue with the way my images are scaling on handsets.

The site is newphase03.cloudaccess.net

I'm primarily looking at the Songs link.

newphase03.cloudaccess.net/songs.html?device=iphone

On an Android handset, the page is scaled correctly with the E Ball at the top and the alphabetical links within the page borders scaled down the page. On an iPhone however, they're shrunk considerably. The width of the master image of each of those rectangular images is 928px. The Android parameters are scaling the images properly on that page but not the iPhone. I've tried different scaling configurations including changing the Image Adaption Method option, Use Style and Decrease Image Width with no success. The frustrating thing is that using iPhoneTester, it comes up just fine however friends who have an iPhone (both iOS5 and the previous OS) send me screenshots that don't match.

Then, when I look at one of the songlist pages, example: newphase03.cloudaccess.net/0-9.html?device=iphone, the cube shaped image buttons don't scale on either  Android or iPhone, despite having a width of 150px (they take up the whole screen on the mobile). The modules are definitely set to Horizontal.

Any thoughts?

Re: Scaling Issue 12 years, 6 months ago #6025

• dryabov
  • Administrator
  • Denis Ryabov, Lead Developer
Add metatag "viewport" to the head of mobile_pda template (you can get this tag from mobile_iphone template).

Re: Scaling Issue 12 years, 6 months ago #6032

I found the tag in the index.php file in the iPhone template folder and copied across to the index.php file in the PDA folder but there has been no change. Do I need to change any configuration settings in Mobile Joomla? Also, how do I stop the iPhone from over-scaling all the images?

Re: Scaling Issue 12 years, 6 months ago #6068

I've got it sorted now.

Re: Scaling Issue 12 years, 6 months ago #6069

• Barnabas
What did you change and where?

Re: Scaling Issue 12 years, 6 months ago #6071

I added the viewport tag as suggested to the index.php file located in the pda folder and made sure all of my images were bigger than necessary. Viewport scaled them all down on iPhone (had the Image adaptation method value set to Fixed Rescale Ratio) and then set the IAM to the same on Android and experimented with the Decrease Image Width value until the images were an appropriate size.
Last Edit: 12 years, 6 months ago by ScorpiousDelectus.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Barnabas
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.08 seconds

By continuing to use this site you consent to the use of cookies on your device as described in our cookie policy unless you have disabled them. This site will not function correctly without cookies.

I accept cookies from this site.