Problems with iPhone template
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: Problems with iPhone template

Problems with iPhone template 12 years, 7 months ago #5511

• codeslayer
  • Fresh Boarder
Hi
I just can't get the Iphone-styled template working.
I installed Mobile Joomla components, modules and templates correctly but when I view the site on my iPhone I get only a ordinary mobile site and not the iPhone-styled template.

I followed the instructions at Docs -> Mobile menus:
- copied the "main" menu and created an iPhone Menu
- Assigned the menu to the mobile site

I also checked the settings in "Mobile Joomla! Settings":

I use a special iPhone/iPod Domain with redirection
...that seems to work since my Safari redirects to the domain so Mobile Joomla notices I browse the site from an iPhone. The domain is assigned to the same folder on my server as the main-site.
(I can see the iPhone domain in the url field)

In the tab "iPhone" I use this settings:
- Homepage is set to the "Startpage" item of my created "iphone-menu". I also trued to use othe sub-menu entries for the Homepage but nothing changes.

- iPhone/iPod Mobile Joomla Template API Settings
I tried to leave the settings on default. They are set to "mj_iphone_header...", "mj_iphone_middle" and "mj_iphone_footer", etc.

The template "mobile_iphone" is activated.
The template settings are:
- Menus are "select from list" and set to the same entry "Startpage" like the in the Mobile Joomla iPhone tab.
- Since I use a german backend the parameter "TPL_MOBILE_IPHONE__FIELD_THEME_LABEL" is set to "TPL_MOBILE_IPHONE__OPTION_APPLE"

My primary questions are:
1. How can I activate the iPhone-styled template?
2. Do I have to create a copy of the "main" menu or can I also work with the same menu like on the not-mobile site? I would like to avoid the additional administrative effort when I add or change entries in the "main" menu.

You can view the site at www.atelierpoeschl.at".

Thank you in advance for help.

Chris

Re: Problems with iPhone template 12 years, 6 months ago #5715

• dryabov
  • Administrator
  • Denis Ryabov, Lead Developer
1. iphone-styled template should be activated automatically, so check that domain name in MJ settings is correct.
2. You can work with the same menu, of course.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.07 seconds

By continuing to use this site you consent to the use of cookies on your device as described in our cookie policy unless you have disabled them. This site will not function correctly without cookies.

I accept cookies from this site.