Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me

Do I need to purchase a template in addition to Mobile Joomla
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: Do I need to purchase a template in addition to Mobile Joomla

Do I need to purchase a template in addition to Mobile Joomla 9 years, 8 months ago #17799

• vscire
  • Fresh Boarder
I noticed in the documentation:

Smartphone Settings:
Template: template name to use in this mode (can be set to empty in the case of responsive main template)

Does this mean if I have a responsive template I do not need to purchase an additional template?
Last Edit: 9 years, 8 months ago by vscire. Reason: Found new information that changed my question

Re: Do I need to purchase a template in addition to Mobile Joomla 9 years, 7 months ago #17827

• dryabov
  • Administrator
  • Denis Ryabov, Lead Developer
Yes, if your main website's template is responsive, you can use it with MobileJoomla. MJ gives you a way to reduce mobile page size by rescaling images, to disable modules and plugins in mobile version, etc.

Re: Do I need to purchase a template in addition to Mobile Joomla 9 years, 7 months ago #17876

• vscire
  • Fresh Boarder
I downloaded the Free version as suggested to determine comparability.  As I make changes to the configuration they do not seem to have any effect on the appearance of the page on my iPhone.  I purchased your "Insider's Guide" to see what I might be missing and after going through the first 20 pages I still don't seem to have an effect on the look of the mobile version.

I host the site at HostGator and I am using a responsive template called Lt Business.  Is there a comparability issue?  Is there more I need to do?
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.06 seconds

By continuing to use this site you consent to the use of cookies on your device as described in our cookie policy unless you have disabled them. This site will not function correctly without cookies.

I accept cookies from this site.