Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me

Incorrect Useage of Mobile Joomla - Please Help!
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: Incorrect Useage of Mobile Joomla - Please Help!

Incorrect Useage of Mobile Joomla - Please Help! 11 years ago #14365

• jay148369
  • Fresh Boarder
I've read several posts about this issue but still can't quite figure out what I need to do. Hopefully someone can help.

On my mobile, if I select to view standard version, the site gets forwarded to a blank white page with "Incorrect Useage of Mobile Joomla" at the top.

Now yes, I've read the FAQ about this and all the hundreds of posts about the issue, but I can't understand how to fix it. I understand that there are two Select Markup modules, but don't know what I need to do with them? I also have another module in the position Footer that was there before installing Mobile Joomla.

If you can help, can you provide step by step insctuctions so that I can fix this issue?

Thanks in advance.
Last Edit: 11 years ago by jay148369.

Re: Help! 11 years ago #14366

• jay148369
  • Fresh Boarder
Lots of people have mentioned setting the Mobile templates to "None" to fix the issue I mention above.

Go to Extensions>>Template Manager
Select the style and click the edit icon (or click the template name)
In the left column, change to "None"
Select the links you want to apply the style to.
Save

It appears I don't have this "none" option at all! Has anyone else had/or heard of this issue?

There's nothing else in the Menus Assignment box other than a list of menu items and their corresponding unticked tick box.

Re: Help! 11 years ago #14376

• jay148369
  • Fresh Boarder
Anyone?

Re: Help! 11 years ago #14377

• dryabov
  • Administrator
  • Denis Ryabov, Lead Developer
Just uncheck all menu items in "Menu Selection" section and then "Save&Close".

Re: Help! 11 years ago #14384

• jay148369
  • Fresh Boarder
Hi - thanks for the reply. As stated previsouly, there's nothing else in the Menus Assignment box other than a list of menu items and their corresponding unticked tick box. I.e. all the menu items for each of the mobile templates are unchecked. Infact none of the menu items checkboxes are selected in any of the templates on the site. The only difference between them is that my default template has Default set to Auto in Details section.

To recap - the "Incorrect Useage of Mobile Joomla" problem occurs when the string /?device=desktop is entered either on PC or mobile. Subsequently this occurs when clicking on the "Normal Site" link as it goes to this URL The site work fine with other strings like /?device=iphone. None of the mobile templates have a menu assigned to them as mentioned above.

I have a meeting with a client on Monday regarding building a mobile site for him. If I can't get this working before then, I will have to use a different mobile site provider. Are you able to look at the site yourself as I don't think there will be enough time left to resolve this through forum posts?
Last Edit: 11 years ago by jay148369.

Re: Help! 11 years ago #14402

• jay148369
  • Fresh Boarder
If anyone reading this has any idea how to fix this then please post a reply.....I've paid money for this and can't get it working properly.

Re: Help! 11 years ago #14403

• jay148369
  • Fresh Boarder
Problem resolved. There was an plugin that was previsouly installed that was causing the conflict. It appears that the message "Incorrect Usage of Mobile Joomla" doesn't only appear when menu items are assigned to a MJ Template as stated in the FAQ.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.09 seconds

By continuing to use this site you consent to the use of cookies on your device as described in our cookie policy unless you have disabled them. This site will not function correctly without cookies.

I accept cookies from this site.