Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me

Mobile Site Not Displaying on Phone - Works With Chrome Emulato
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: Mobile Site Not Displaying on Phone - Works With Chrome Emulato

Mobile Site Not Displaying on Phone - Works With Chrome Emulato 9 years, 4 months ago #18116

I have a Joomla site that is using the Mobile Joomla plugin.

After initial installation of MJ, everything was fine and the mobile version of the site was displaying correctly on mobile devices.

I recently noticed that mobile devices are now displaying the desktop version.

On my iphone 5, I am seeing the desktop version.

I have a Chrome Mobile Emulator that displays the correct mobile version of the site.

I asked my client to check the site on her phone, and she is also seeing the desktop version (she's using an iphone also).

Can anyone offer feedback on this issue and why the site would appear correctly in the emulator, but not on my iphone?

Thank you in advance.

Re: Mobile Site Not Displaying on Phone - Works With Chrome Emulato 9 years, 4 months ago #18119

• dryabov
  • Administrator
  • Denis Ryabov, Lead Developer
Most likely you visited a link with ?device=desktop parameter (usually it is displayed in MJ's "Select markup" module in the footer, but it might appear in content in some cases, mainly if you use a 3rdparty caching extension). Just try to visit yoursite.com/?device=auto to re-run device detection.

Re: Mobile Site Not Displaying on Phone - Works With Chrome Emulato 9 years, 4 months ago #18128

Thanks dryabov, but that didn't help.

I tried reinstalling mobile joomla using the latest download and that didn't help either.

Anyone have any other ideas?

Re: Mobile Site Not Displaying on Phone - Works With Chrome Emulato 9 years, 4 months ago #18132

• dryabov
  • Administrator
Could you list all enabled plugins of "mobile" group in the order they are displayed in Joomla's plugin manager?

Re: Mobile Site Not Displaying on Phone - Works With Chrome Emulato 9 years, 4 months ago #18133

Actually, I had all the plugins disabled.  After I did a reinstall, and re-enabled the plugins, the mobile site is functioning correctly.

But to answer your question, the currently enabled mobile plugins are:

Mobile - SImple
Mobile - Forever
Mobile - ScientiaMobile
Mobile Joomla!

Thank you for your assistance!  This can be closed.
Last Edit: 9 years, 4 months ago by iaminsandiego.

Re: Mobile Site Not Displaying on Phone - Works With Chrome Emulato 9 years, 4 months ago #18135

• dryabov
  • Administrator
Currently "Mobile - ScientiaMobile" uses a little bit outdated device database, I'd recommend you to enable Mobile-AMDD instead.
Mobile-Forever is usually necessary for debug purposes only, so you can disable it as well.
And finally, set Mobile-SImple to be last in the order (it should be a fallback for the case of AMDD or ScientiaMobile fail).
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.08 seconds

By continuing to use this site you consent to the use of cookies on your device as described in our cookie policy unless you have disabled them. This site will not function correctly without cookies.

I accept cookies from this site.