Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me

Always redirecting from Desktop site to Mobile site on mobile
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: Always redirecting from Desktop site to Mobile site on mobile

Always redirecting from Desktop site to Mobile site on mobile 10 years ago #17269

• serge8bm
  • Fresh Boarder
Hi,

I've set up Mobile Joomla. It works fine when it comes to redirecting to the Mobile version when using a mobile, and works correctly when I click on Standard version (i.e. Desktop). But when I click on any page or refresh the current page during the Standard version it redirects back to the Mobile version of the site (though it redirects to the correct article)

Is there a reason why it keeps on redirecting to the Mobile version when clicking on any link in Standard version (using a mobile)?
What .php files should I be looking into?
Should I be modifying the empty .htaccess file?

The $links variable from modules/mod_mj_markupchooser/tmpl/xhtml.php and iphone.php echos the following link:

..../index.php?device=desktop

But what component actually does the checking (of the IP? or cookies/cache?) to see if this user's mobile has clicked on Standard version and disables the Mobile version for a period of time [or is this functionality built separately from Mobile Joomla?]

Specifications:
Joomla 2.5
Mobile Joomla 1.2.8
Last Edit: 10 years ago by serge8bm. Reason: Typo last paragraph
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.06 seconds

By continuing to use this site you consent to the use of cookies on your device as described in our cookie policy unless you have disabled them. This site will not function correctly without cookies.

I accept cookies from this site.