Username Password: Remember me

New Error; Illegal mix of collations
(1 viewing) (1) Guest

TOPIC: New Error; Illegal mix of collations

Re: New Error; Illegal mix of collations 13 years, 3 months ago #3114

• folmag
  • Junior Boarder
Hi,
I really need relief with this issue. Someone please get back to me. The error logs on this issue is over 20 megs a day worth of storage.
Thanks,
Robin
Hi Denis,
I am having the same problem with the Mobile Joomla Update to 0.9.11. Here is the error message in error log......
[29-Jan-2011 00:06:07] Caught exception 'Exception' with message 'Error in DB RIS Query: Illegal mix of collations (utf8_general_ci,IMPLICIT) and (utf8_unicode_ci,IMPLICIT) for operation '='.
Query: CALL jos_TeraWurfl_RIS('Mozilla/5.0 (compatible; Googlebot/2.1; +www.google.com/bot.html)',7,'Bot')
' in /home/folmag/public_html/plugins/mobile/terawurfl/DatabaseConnectors/TeraWurflDatabase_MySQL5.php:116

I ran this command query in sql and it did not work this time.
ALTER TABLE jos_TeraWurflMerge MODIFY user_agent VARCHAR(255) BINARY DEFAULT NULL;

I got a successful message from sql, but the errors still keep coming.
Last Edit: 13 years, 3 months ago by folmag.

Re: New Error; Illegal mix of collations 13 years, 3 months ago #3128

• dryabov
  • Administrator
  • Denis Ryabov, Lead Developer
Try to update MobileJoomla (even if it's update to the same version). During update MJ will recreate stored procedures and it may help in case of collation changes.
Other solution is to switch Mobile-TeraWURFL plugin to mysql4-compatibility mode (use it if 1st way doesn't work).
The following user(s) said Thank You: mayankyogi

Re: New Error; Illegal mix of collations 13 years, 3 months ago #3145

• folmag
  • Junior Boarder
I did the update 2 times with the 0.9.11. And I still get collation errors. How do I switch it from mysql 5 to mysql 4?
What would happen if this is not fixed?
Robin

Re: New Error; Illegal mix of collations 13 years, 3 months ago #3146

• folmag
  • Junior Boarder
Hi,
I found the mysql 4 setting in the Mobile plugins manager. It has been over 5 minutes now and still I get errors in the error log. This is the mysql 4 errors....
[02-Feb-2011 00:01:38] PHP Warning: mysqli::real_escape_string() [<a href='mysqli.real-escape-string'>mysqli.real-escape-string</a>]: Couldn't fetch mysqli in /home/folmag/public_html/plugins/mobile/terawurfl/DatabaseConnectors/TeraWurflDatabase_MySQL4.php on line 396
[02-Feb-2011 00:01:38] PHP Warning: mysqli::query() [<a href='mysqli.query'>mysqli.query</a>]: Couldn't fetch mysqli in /home/folmag/public_html/plugins/mobile/terawurfl/DatabaseConnectors/TeraWurflDatabase_MySQL4.php on line 86
[02-Feb-2011 00:01:38] PHP Fatal error: Call to a member function close() on a non-object in /home/folmag/public_html/plugins/mobile/terawurfl/DatabaseConnectors/TeraWurflDatabase_MySQL4.php on line 88

Could you fix the mysql 4 & 5 version on the next update so it will not produce the errors? That would be great. Again, thanks for your help. I appreciate it.
Robin
Last Edit: 13 years, 3 months ago by folmag.

Re: New Error; Illegal mix of collations 13 years, 3 months ago #3264

• dryabov
  • Administrator
folmag wrote:
I found the mysql 4 setting in the Mobile plugins manager. It has been over 5 minutes now and still I get errors in the error log. This is the mysql 4 errors....

Looks like mysqli cannot connect to database (for unknown reason).

Re: New Error; Illegal mix of collations 13 years, 2 months ago #3628

• 4SquareHi
  • Fresh Boarder
I just installed the update 0.9.11 due to the extremely large error log. I did apply the SQL query fix mentioned in an ealier post after the update and I'm having the following errors:

[07-Mar-2011 11:47:05] Caught exception 'Exception' with message 'Error in DB RIS Query: Illegal mix of collations (utf8_general_ci,IMPLICIT) and (utf8_unicode_ci,IMPLICIT) for operation '='.
Query: CALL jos_TeraWurfl_RIS('magpie-crawler/1.1 (U; Linux amd64; xx-xx; +www.brandwatch.net)',14,'Bot')
' in /home/gal25/public_html/sheboyganhomeinspector.com/plugins/mobile/terawurfl/DatabaseConnectors/TeraWurflDatabase_MySQL5.php:116

[07-Mar-2011 11:49:13] Caught exception 'Exception' with message 'Error in DB RIS Query: Illegal mix of collations (utf8_general_ci,IMPLICIT) and (utf8_unicode_ci,IMPLICIT) for operation '='.
Query: CALL jos_TeraWurfl_RIS('Mozilla/5.0 (compatible; Googlebot/2.1; +www.google.com/bot.html)',7,'Bot')
' in /home/gal25/public_html/sheboyganhomeinspector.com/plugins/mobile/terawurfl/DatabaseConnectors/TeraWurflDatabase_MySQL5.php:116

[07-Mar-2011 11:58:50] Caught exception 'Exception' with message 'Error in DB RIS Query: Illegal mix of collations (utf8_general_ci,IMPLICIT) and (utf8_unicode_ci,IMPLICIT) for operation '='.
Query: CALL jos_TeraWurfl_RIS('SAMSUNG-SGH-E250/1.0 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 UP.Browser/6.2.3.3.c.1.101 (GUI) MMP/2.0 (compatible; Googlebot-Mobile/2.1; +www.google.com/bot.html)',16,'Samsung')

Any suggestions?

Re: New Error; Illegal mix of collations 13 years, 2 months ago #3640

• dryabov
  • Administrator
Just install latest MJ over any exisitng version and don't apply any fixes.
The collation issue may arise only when database is moved from one server to another or other similar situation.

Re: New Error; Illegal mix of collations 12 years, 11 months ago #4208

• mayankyogi
  • Fresh Boarder
Switching the TeraWurfl plugin to MySQL4 solved the error log for me. What's the repurcussion of switching from SQL5 to SQL4 for this plugin?

Re: New Error; Illegal mix of collations 12 years, 11 months ago #4221

• dryabov
  • Administrator
mayankyogi wrote:
What's the repurcussion of switching from SQL5 to SQL4 for this plugin?

MySQL5 version works a little bit faster (by using single call to stored procedure instead of sequence of requests).

Re: New Error; Illegal mix of collations 12 years, 9 months ago #4810

• grvulture
  • Fresh Boarder
You don't need to switch to MySQL4 mode.

Open the file /plugins/mobile/terawurfl/DatabaseConnectors/TeraWurflDatabase_MySQL5.php and change the lines:
		if(!$res){
throw new Exception(sprintf("Error in DB RIS Query: %s. \nQuery: %s\n",$this->dbcon->error,$query));
exit;
}

to
		if(!$res){
//throw new Exception(sprintf("Error in DB RIS Query: %s. \nQuery: %s\n",$this->dbcon->error,$query));
return WurflConstants::$GENERIC;
}

Last Edit: 12 years, 9 months ago by grvulture.
Time to create page: 0.19 seconds

By continuing to use this site you consent to the use of cookies on your device as described in our cookie policy unless you have disabled them. This site will not function correctly without cookies.

I accept cookies from this site.