Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me

New Error; Illegal mix of collations
(1 viewing) (1) Guest

TOPIC: New Error; Illegal mix of collations

New Error; Illegal mix of collations 13 years, 4 months ago #2807

• folmag
  • Junior Boarder
I ran the commands, still getting errors.
[23-Dec-2010 01:20:50] Caught exception 'Exception' with message 'Error in DB RIS Query: Illegal mix of collations (utf8_general_ci,IMPLICIT) and (utf8_unicode_ci,IMPLICIT) for operation 'like'.
Query: CALL jos_TeraWurfl_RIS('Mozilla/5.0 (compatible; Googlebot/2.1; +www.google.com/bot.html)',7,'Bot')
' in /home/folmag/public_html/plugins/mobile/terawurfl/DatabaseConnectors/TeraWurflDatabase_MySQL5.php:117

Is mobile joomla functioning properly with these errors? Are visitors able to view mobile content with theses errors?
Robin

New Error; Illegal mix of collations 13 years, 4 months ago #2808

• dryabov
  • Administrator
  • Denis Ryabov, Lead Developer
Should work:
USE folmag_mainsmart; 
ALTER TABLE jos_TeraWurflIndex MODIFY matcher VARCHAR(64) NOT NULL CHARACTER SET utf8 COLLATE utf8_unicode_ci;
ALTER TABLE jos_TeraWurflMerge MODIFY fall_back VARCHAR(64) DEFAULT NULL CHARACTER SET utf8 COLLATE utf8_unicode_ci;
ALTER TABLE jos_TeraWurflMerge MODIFY user_agent VARCHAR(255) BINARY DEFAULT NULL CHARACTER SET utf8 COLLATE utf8_unicode_ci;

New Error; Illegal mix of collations 13 years, 4 months ago #2809

• folmag
  • Junior Boarder
Hi,
I got this error message from sql
MySQL said: Documentation
#1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'CHARACTER SET utf8 COLLATE utf8_unicode_ci' at line 1

New Error; Illegal mix of collations 13 years, 4 months ago #2810

• dryabov
  • Administrator
Which of four commands produce the error?

New Error; Illegal mix of collations 13 years, 4 months ago #2811

• folmag
  • Junior Boarder
I just ran all commands individually and all came up with syntax errors. Can I alter the table manually?

New Error; Illegal mix of collations 13 years, 4 months ago #2812

• dryabov
  • Administrator
Try just
ALTER TABLE jos_TeraWurflMerge MODIFY user_agent VARCHAR(255) BINARY DEFAULT NULL;

New Error; Illegal mix of collations 13 years, 4 months ago #2813

• folmag
  • Junior Boarder
Yes. Successful. Will that fix the error?

New Error; Illegal mix of collations 13 years, 4 months ago #2814

• dryabov
  • Administrator
folmag wrote:
Yes. Successful. Will that fix the error?

I hope.
It seems that your db's tables was slightly corrupted (all collation parameters was reseted to 'utf8_general_ci') most likely because of incorrect backup/restore procedure.
I recommend you to reinstall MobileJoomla (just install latest version over exisiting to keep all the settings), because above commands fix TeraWurfl_RIS procedure only, and I'm not sure that there will be no problems further.

New Error; Illegal mix of collations 13 years, 4 months ago #2815

• folmag
  • Junior Boarder
I will reinstall mobile joomla and get back to you. But so far the errors have stopped.
Thanks so much.
Robin

Re: New Error; Illegal mix of collations 13 years, 3 months ago #3109

• folmag
  • Junior Boarder
Hi Denis,
I am having the same problem with the Mobile Joomla Update to 0.9.11. Here is the error message in error log......
[29-Jan-2011 00:06:07] Caught exception 'Exception' with message 'Error in DB RIS Query: Illegal mix of collations (utf8_general_ci,IMPLICIT) and (utf8_unicode_ci,IMPLICIT) for operation '='.
Query: CALL jos_TeraWurfl_RIS('Mozilla/5.0 (compatible; Googlebot/2.1; +www.google.com/bot.html)',7,'Bot')
' in /home/folmag/public_html/plugins/mobile/terawurfl/DatabaseConnectors/TeraWurflDatabase_MySQL5.php:116

I ran this command query in sql and it did not work this time.
ALTER TABLE jos_TeraWurflMerge MODIFY user_agent VARCHAR(255) BINARY DEFAULT NULL;

I got a successful message from sql, but the errors still keep coming.

Robin
Time to create page: 0.18 seconds

By continuing to use this site you consent to the use of cookies on your device as described in our cookie policy unless you have disabled them. This site will not function correctly without cookies.

I accept cookies from this site.