Username Password: Remember me

"Smartphone (XHTML)" being served for PC Chrome
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: "Smartphone (XHTML)" being served for PC Chrome

"Smartphone (XHTML)" being served for PC Chrome 13 years, 8 months ago #2110

• markflan
  • Fresh Boarder
Thanks for your help guys. dryaboz, when you asked are the published, would that be the same as having them "enabled"? If so, then the answer is yes. If not could you point me to where to look and see? Thanks again, and sorry for being a pain. I'm learning as I go.

"Smartphone (XHTML)" being served for PC Chrome 13 years, 8 months ago #2111

• dryabov
  • Administrator
  • Denis Ryabov, Lead Developer
markflan, enabled=published, of course. Check for "auto" is selected in settings of "Mobile-Always" plugin. And I don't know what else may force Chrome to get mobile version.

"Smartphone (XHTML)" being served for PC Chrome 13 years, 8 months ago #2113

• drewgg
  • Fresh Boarder
dryabov wrote:
It's better to have full webpages on some mobile devices that mobile webpages on some desktop browsers.

I totally agree. We decided to add the "Mobile Version | Standard Version" links at the bottom of the full site so folks who land on the full site on their phone still have the ability to manually force the Mobile version if they choose to do so (and if they notice the link at the bottom).

We also played with a patch in simple.php to try and catch some Useragents (lost due to not having TeraWURFL) which we can be almost sure are mobile users:

/plugins/mobile/simple.php line 48:

if(preg_match('~Windows CE|Opera Mini|Opera Mobi|Mobile|Symbian|PalmOS~i', $useragent, $match))
{
$MobileJoomla_Device['markup'] = 'xhtml';
return;
}

Though I assume that getting mySQLi installed and TeraWURFL enabled is a better solution than this ugly patch (and I wouldn't suggest others use this patch).

"Smartphone (XHTML)" being served for PC Chrome 13 years, 8 months ago #2114

• markflan
  • Fresh Boarder
I think I found it! I went to the TeraWURFL plugin and changed it to force mysql4 compatibility. Seemed to work. Thanks for the help. I didn't think to check the individual plugins for parameters.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.11 seconds

By continuing to use this site you consent to the use of cookies on your device as described in our cookie policy unless you have disabled them. This site will not function correctly without cookies.

I accept cookies from this site.