Username Password: Remember me

User agent detection problem...
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: User agent detection problem...

User agent detection problem... 13 years, 10 months ago #1846

• yonk
  • Fresh Boarder
Hi, i recently upgraded MobileJoomla from 0.9.3 to 0.9.5 version, and i get the same error described in the first post, i suppose the fix that dryabov suggested haven't been applied to this version. I also try to apply it manually but there's no $iphone_list variable in the file plugins/system/mobilebot.php anymore, i suppose it will be in another file but i can't find it.

Thanks

User agent detection problem... 13 years, 10 months ago #1847

• yonk
  • Fresh Boarder
OK, i just find it on plugins/mobile/simple.php, and the iphone_list array contains the user agent 'Mozilla/5.0 (device; U; CPU iPhone OS', but i don't know why i still getting the standard web page instead of the mobile version when i use this user agent.

User agent detection problem... 13 years, 10 months ago #1848

• dryabov
  • Administrator
  • Denis Ryabov, Lead Developer
yonk, try do disable plugins of mobile group one by one to found which of them lies (actually, it may be that WURFL database of TeraWURFL plugin has no information about new iPhones).

User agent detection problem... 13 years, 10 months ago #1850

• yonk
  • Fresh Boarder
I've tried disabling one by one the plugins of the mobile group and always get the standard page instead of mobile version, except when i disable webbots plugin, in that case i always get smartphone version (no matter what user agent i use)

User agent detection problem... 13 years, 9 months ago #1908

• rubyjliamf
  • Fresh Boarder
"Incorrect usage of Mobile Joomla." is the error message I am getting in the emulators and from ipod touch. Any ideas? The others seem to work although selecting the Menu choices in the various templates does not seem to have any effect. Not matter what I do, they always choose the Main Menu in its entirety. Any ideas?

User agent detection problem... 13 years, 9 months ago #1912

• dryabov
  • Administrator
yonk, the iPhone MJ plugin should detect your device, but TeraWURFL plugin overrides the detection, and it seems that WURFL database still has no data for the device. So, the temporary solution is to disable TeraWURFL plugin and wait until WURFL will be updated.

User agent detection problem... 13 years, 9 months ago #1913

• dryabov
  • Administrator
rubyjliamf, this is quite popular question. The problem is that you shouldn't assign mobile templates to menu items (use ChooseMarkup module to allow users to switch between desktop and mobile versions of a site).

User agent detection problem... 13 years, 9 months ago #1965

• foxvor
  • Fresh Boarder
Any similar fix for 0.9.6 ?? Or is it the same?

User agent detection problem... 13 years, 9 months ago #1993

• dryabov
  • Administrator
foxvor, in 0.9.6 there is an issue that with TeraWURFL plugin disabled and Webbots plugin enabled in certain cases iPhones are determined as desktop browsers. This issue will be fixed in 0.9.7. So, if this is your case, just disable "Mobile - Webbots" plugin and wait for v.0.9.7.

User agent detection problem... 13 years, 8 months ago #2158

• zambono
  • Fresh Boarder
I am using version 0.9.7 which fixed the issue where iphone 3G with OS 4 was only seeing the standard site, but now the opposite issue exists. Latest version of Safari on a macbook pro always shows mobile site, and its not the iPhone version, it displays WAP I believe.

I was able to fix the issue by disabling webbots, but I do not know what else I have disabled by doing so
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.10 seconds

By continuing to use this site you consent to the use of cookies on your device as described in our cookie policy unless you have disabled them. This site will not function correctly without cookies.

I accept cookies from this site.