Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me

youTube HTML5 Video resizing
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: youTube HTML5 Video resizing

youTube HTML5 Video resizing 13 years, 6 months ago #539

I have set this up on a clients site where he uses youTube HTML5 videos. The template looks great and with a few like tweaks I have it just the way he likes it. But, the videos he uses are 570 pixels wide which bursts through the right side of the screen. Is there any way to resize these videos for the template?

The site is thebritishresistance.co.uk for you to check.

Stuart

youTube HTML5 Video resizing 13 years, 6 months ago #2355

• rog
  • Fresh Boarder
+1 !

youTube HTML5 Video resizing 13 years, 6 months ago #2367

stuartbainbridge wrote:
I have set this up on a clients site where he uses youTube HTML5 videos. The template looks great and with a few like tweaks I have it just the way he likes it. But, the videos he uses are 570 pixels wide which bursts through the right side of the screen. Is there any way to resize these videos for the template?

The site is thebritishresistance.co.uk for you to check.

Stuart

Okay I found away to resize the HTML5 videos from youTube, just add a style to the CSS with the new size for the video and all appears to work.

.youtube-player {
width:280px;
height:187px;
}

Stuart

Re: youTube HTML5 Video resizing 13 years, 1 month ago #3770

• natale
  • Fresh Boarder
can you be more specific? This style does not seem to calculate the current size of the screen to make the fullscreen, either which css files should be changed?! The ones of the mobile templates or?

Hope you will read it

natale

Re: youTube HTML5 Video resizing 12 years, 9 months ago #4777

• vmladin
  • Fresh Boarder
I am also very interested in a solution to resize youtube videos in order to keep them at a mobile dimension.

At this stage all videos from my site are going out of the screen on the right side.

Thanks for looking into this.

Re: youTube HTML5 Video resizing 12 years, 9 months ago #4782

• dryabov
  • Administrator
  • Denis Ryabov, Lead Developer
Did you try this plugin: www.mobilejoomla.com/extension/video/youtube-mobile.html
It replaces youtube movie with thumb that links to watch it on youtube.

Re: youTube HTML5 Video resizing 12 years, 5 months ago #6167

• skibikekite
  • Junior Boarder
This works great with youtube, but I have multiple videos from multiple different sources. Is it not possible (for someone solid in writing code) to resize all embeded videos to a mobile size?

I cannot paste code here, but you can view the source code at m.vitalmtb.com.

Re: youTube HTML5 Video resizing 12 years, 5 months ago #6169

• dryabov
  • Administrator
  • Denis Ryabov, Lead Developer
skibikekite wrote:
This works great with youtube, but I have multiple videos from multiple different sources. Is it not possible (for someone solid in writing code) to resize all embeded videos to a mobile size?

I cannot paste code here, but you can view the source code at m.vitalmtb.com.

Taking into account that most of embedded videos are iframes with fixed width and height, it's possible to write plugin that rescales iframes (similar to the rescaling of images).
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.09 seconds

By continuing to use this site you consent to the use of cookies on your device as described in our cookie policy unless you have disabled them. This site will not function correctly without cookies.

I accept cookies from this site.