Username Password: Remember me

Mobilizing Kunena and JomSocial
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: Mobilizing Kunena and JomSocial

Mobilizing Kunena and JomSocial 13 years, 8 months ago #452

• labanex
  • Fresh Boarder
I posted the same message in this forum, also including JomSocial, Mobile Joomla, and Kunena Forums which includes Groups.

There may be a solution if a plugin can be installed to work with "Mobile Joomla!". I wouldn't know who would do this, but I believe that if Mobile Joomla! works with JomSocial and Kunena, making both of these components mobile would be possible.

www.mobilejoomla.com/ - Mobile templates for Joomla!, automatic detection
www.jomsocial.com/ - Socializing your Joomla!
www.kunena.com/ - Discussion forums and groups for Joomla!
The following user(s) said Thank You: TimurNN

Mobilizing Kunena and JomSocial 13 years, 7 months ago #2118

• miohtama
  • Expert Boarder
Hi,

We are working to get some of the most popular Joomla! extensions mobile. We cannot guarantee the release schedule, but we have included them in our roadmap.

Currently #1 proprity for us is to get Mobilejoomla! extensible (you can easily throw in mobile extensions for the existing things) and have a directory for Mobilejoomla! extensions.

Mobilizing Kunena and JomSocial 13 years, 6 months ago #2325

• alfirus
  • Fresh Boarder
What i know, it is jomsocial and kunena function codes makes it heavy. I guess it is out from mobilejoomla. However to minimize the size, we can replace the css when using mobile.

For me the best solution is to create an installation file for mobile which is the mobile directly connect with joomla MySQL

Re: Mobilizing Kunena and JomSocial 13 years, 3 months ago #2940

• dunebeat
  • Fresh Boarder
I'm 100% agree with this suggestion. JomSocial and Kunena are the most widely used extension among community based websites. Even MobileJoomla.com use kunena now.
That is why this should be done. Nowadays, more and more people are demanding that these kind of websites to have their mobile version (including my sites).
The following user(s) said Thank You: TimurNN, lostmail

Re: Mobilizing Kunena and JomSocial 12 years, 11 months ago #4198

• lostmail
  • Fresh Boarder
I totally agree to that.

Need a working version for kunena and jomsocial (and perhaps joomgallery + hwdvideoshare).

But the most important is:
Joomla + Kunena + Jomsocial.

I installed them and mobilejoomla but i see in iphone that it is not the last solution...some text content is cutted off and not visible....

Re: Mobilizing Kunena and JomSocial 12 years, 11 months ago #4199

• lostmail
  • Fresh Boarder
miohtama wrote:
Hi,

We are working to get some of the most popular Joomla! extensions mobile. We cannot guarantee the release schedule, but we have included them in our roadmap.

Currently #1 proprity for us is to get Mobilejoomla! extensible (you can easily throw in mobile extensions for the existing things) and have a directory for Mobilejoomla! extensions.

Can i take Kunena out of the mobilejoomla-Version Template ?
I like the mobilejoomla Main-Menu but the link to kunena is braking the layout and some parts are not visible in mobile phones. Perhaps it would be better to take a link to kunena which is not the mobilejoomla-Version...? the default kunena-Forum has less problems in mobiles...
Last Edit: 12 years, 11 months ago by lostmail.

Re: Mobilizing Kunena and JomSocial 12 years, 11 months ago #4373

• semanej
  • Fresh Boarder
I have the desire to make both kunena and jomsocial work on a mobile phone as well. Without Kunena working on mobile, the purpose of the mobile site is seriously diminished. Thanks!

Re: Mobilizing Kunena and JomSocial 12 years, 11 months ago #4378

• lostmail
  • Fresh Boarder
I decided to use "WURFL" instead of mobilejoomla and my iphone users like that solution.

Re: Mobilizing Kunena and JomSocial 12 years, 11 months ago #4379

• semanej
  • Fresh Boarder
It seems WURFL has problems with Firefox and I had to disable the template. Do you run into that problem? Also, I was trying to find where you can switch it to WURFL and I found this image but no longer seems to exist:
www.mobilejoomla.com/images/stories/mobile-joomla-settings-customization.jpg.

Is this image out of date? Either way, is there still a way to do it on the most updated version? I have 9.12

Re: Mobilizing Kunena and JomSocial 12 years, 10 months ago #4382

• lostmail
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.11 seconds

By continuing to use this site you consent to the use of cookies on your device as described in our cookie policy unless you have disabled them. This site will not function correctly without cookies.

I accept cookies from this site.