Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me

"fake" or "dead" top level nav items can't display submenu items
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: "fake" or "dead" top level nav items can't display submenu items

"fake" or "dead" top level nav items can't display submenu items 13 years, 10 months ago #313

• brianpeat
  • Fresh Boarder
I use a trick to make "dead" or fake top level menu items in Joomla. Using the external link function, I simply put # in the url. In a normal browser, this ends up making a non clickable menu item but the drop down still works. In MobileJoomla when I do this, it simply redraws the front page but never loads the submenu. I can understand why (drop downs don't work in mobilejoomla), but I'd love a solution for this. Right now I have to make that "dead" menu go to an article that simply lists the other items in the submenu...the problem with that is, it looks redundant on an iPhone because it'll then load BOTH the submenu AND the article that lists the same stuff as the submenu.

I hope that makes sense!

Re: "fake" or "dead" top level nav items can't display submenu items 13 years, 1 month ago #3571

• jkishi
  • Fresh Boarder
I have this same issue as well. I would love an update or suggestions on how to accomplish this. I will try and create a dead menu go to an article as you mentioned but I agree that looks lame. Any other suggestions?

Re: "fake" or "dead" top level nav items can't display submenu items 13 years ago #3627

• brianpeat
  • Fresh Boarder
Yeah, this is a bit annoying because in many cases, that top level page (now that it must be live) simply has a bulleted list of the menu sub items from that menu. It's fine on a browser because the user clicks the link, gets a page that basically IS a menu, and then chooses one of the items. With the mobile layout, they end up on a page that appears to them as TWO sets of menus. The real one at the top, and the bulleted one (which by default shows up as a box of text lines broken up by horizontal lines). It's a bit confusing.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.06 seconds

By continuing to use this site you consent to the use of cookies on your device as described in our cookie policy unless you have disabled them. This site will not function correctly without cookies.

I accept cookies from this site.