Username Password: Remember me

Facebook useragent
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: Facebook useragent

Facebook useragent 13 years, 10 months ago #289

• alterna
  • Fresh Boarder
Is there any chance that you could add facebook useragent detection so that we can have a specific template for viewing the website within facebook iframe (600px wide ) ?

Facebook useragent 13 years, 10 months ago #1667

• dryabov
  • Administrator
  • Denis Ryabov, Lead Developer
alterna wrote:
Is there any chance that you could add facebook useragent detection so that we can have a specific template for viewing the website within facebook iframe (600px wide ) ?

In this case useragent is useragent of browser (and not facebook). Actually, it's possible to check for referrer, but it's quite peculiar option to be added into MJ.

Facebook useragent 13 years, 10 months ago #1668

• alterna
  • Fresh Boarder
Well not really a peculiar one as MJ replaces some plugins like metatemplate.

If you use it to control the output of your website depending on the client visiting it, you should be able to control all outputs.
If not, we will need to have mixed solutions, one for mobile, one for facebook for instance and maybe another template for something else.

You should go all the way and propose a solution to tailor MJ according to specific template needs when displaying a website, the most general one being a display in facebook apps.

I use metatemplate for now which is very good at displaying specific templates according to the browser, the referrer or the device visiting the website. But your solution is more specific to the required task and seems promising with extensions, this is why I suggest this move
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.08 seconds

By continuing to use this site you consent to the use of cookies on your device as described in our cookie policy unless you have disabled them. This site will not function correctly without cookies.

I accept cookies from this site.