Username Password: Remember me

Google Maps
(1 viewing) (1) Guest

TOPIC: Google Maps

Google Maps 13 years, 7 months ago #534

• daveyc
  • Fresh Boarder
Hi,

I love the template - its by far the best one I've seen for Joomla. A site of mine needed a mobile template because the existing one, which displayed ok, seemed a bit small fiddly and difficult to use when using the IPhone.

This one fixes that but now my Google Maps aren't showing. The text around them is so its got to be something about Google Maps the template doesn't like. I've set "remove unsupported tags" to no but that doesn't seem to help.

Any ideas?

Google Maps 13 years, 6 months ago #2453

• bulesz
  • Fresh Boarder
Hello, I have the same issue..nowadays with the even smarterphones could let the GoogleMaps display...

Is there any way to do this?

Google Maps 13 years, 6 months ago #2454

• dryabov
  • Administrator
  • Denis Ryabov, Lead Developer
Are you sure that your device is supported by GoogleMaps?
Could you post link to your site?

Google Maps 13 years, 6 months ago #2456

• bulesz
  • Fresh Boarder
Hello,

Yes I have a nokia 5800 and my friend has a new HTC Android phone... Is there any setting in the component setup, which must focus on? (like the doctype head...etc?? now it is setup to W3C/XHTML Basic 1.1)

m.londonban.comm.londonban.com

Many thanks,
B.

Google Maps 13 years, 6 months ago #2457

• dryabov
  • Administrator
  • Denis Ryabov, Lead Developer
Look at the following settings:
"Remove script tags" - removes all of javascripts from page (set it to "No" to support javascript).
"Use head" - removes "included" javascripts from page head (set it to "Standard Joomla" to allow such javascripts).

But you have jQuery-based embedding of Google Maps. This way won't work on most of mobile devices. "Classical" way to embed GoogleMaps is to use iframe (as suggested by "Link" tab at maps.google.com/), but even this way isn't fully supported by many devices.

PS. Note that enabled option "Remove unsupported tags" will cut all iframes from the page.

Google Maps 13 years, 6 months ago #2459

• bulesz
  • Fresh Boarder
Many thanks for the infos... I will play a while..

Google Maps 13 years, 6 months ago #2528

• skosloff
  • Fresh Boarder
Has anyone had success getting Google Maps to display? I have tried a number of different settings but nothing has worked.

Google Maps 13 years, 6 months ago #2535

• Dean
  • Fresh Boarder
I've been working on this for several days myself. For me, the Google Maps extension works fine for iPhone out of the box however for any mobile device that uses the mobile_pda template (only tested w/ Android) the map doesn't display. I've tried all of the changes recommended (as well as my own educated guesses) and still have not been able to get Google Maps to render for mobile devices that use mobile_pda. What I would like to know is what is the difference between mobile_iphone and mobile_pda that will allow the map to render and function for iPhones but not other smart phones (that use mobile_pda)? I understand that this could potentially be a complicated answer but would greatly appreciate anyone's advice on getting this working.

Side note, if you are wanting to offer a Directionsform for Google Maps neither of the Lightbox outputs seem to work for the mobile version however I did find success with the 'On own map' output option.

All-in-all, great extension. Very easy setup, with the exception of Google Maps it has worked well for me and I do plan on writing a positive review once my project is complete. Thanks!

Google Maps 13 years, 6 months ago #2538

• tytoof
  • Fresh Boarder
Hello,

I try to use a google map on my Mobile Joomla test site, and I was not understood why the mobile version does not work on my phone, where the desktop version work perfectly (except I use gmap api v2 for the moment). For information I use Geocode Factory.
I finally find a start of answer in the javascript code that generates the map markup and GInfoWindowTab part.
In my mobile version, images are resized, and the mobile joomla (plugin I think) add some size information (with valid html attributes) but with " that can't be escape by my JS code. (I'm not sure to be understandable ).

Simply disable the image resizing to test if you have the same problem.
Can we know how the image rescales works, to see if I can adjust my code to work with?

Re: Google Maps 13 years, 2 months ago #3293

• dmccue
  • Fresh Boarder
Has anyone had success with GoogleMaps on mobile devices? I'm using the YOOMaps extension on my site and it's working fine on desktop as well as iPhone, but no luck on the "mobile PDA" template with Android devices (as other posters on this thread have mentioned). 

www.bateauxnewyork.com.joomlatest.subscribermail.com/New-York/directions

I saw the last post on this thread was several months ago, I was hoping someone might have come up with a solution in the time since. I'd appreciate any feedback!
Time to create page: 0.11 seconds

By continuing to use this site you consent to the use of cookies on your device as described in our cookie policy unless you have disabled them. This site will not function correctly without cookies.

I accept cookies from this site.