Username Password: Remember me

content is going outside of template on iPhone
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: content is going outside of template on iPhone

content is going outside of template on iPhone 13 years, 8 months ago #473

• jrthor2
  • Fresh Boarder
When viewing articles (or newsletters in this case), the content is not getting wrapped properly within the template when I view it on my iPhone. It makes me have to scroll left/right to see all the content. Can this be fixed?

Thanks!!

UPDATE; This only seems to be happening on my Newsletters. Could it be because the newsletters use tables to format the content, since these are originally sent in an email to our subscribers?

content is going outside of template on iPhone 13 years, 8 months ago #2155

• Barnabas
Hi, The short answer is "probably"
I have held back from answering because I'm not sure my answer is correct, but I faced a similar situation and you can see if it helps you. There are 4 flavours of mobile phone templates. I found that one of them
(templates/mobile_pda/resources/styles/baseStyles.css) handled a calendar table better than the iphone version so I cut and pasted the tables code into
templates/mobile_iphone/css/mj_iphone.css at the end of the css. I did this because the iphone css did not have any specific code for tables and relied on whatever was higher in the hierarchy. Bear in mind that if you change anything in MJ you will need to remember to reapply it after upgrades. The code I copied and pasted was
/*
* 7. TABLES
*/

table {
border: 1px solid #D8D8D8;
margin: 0;
width: 100%;
color: #333333;
vertical-align: top;
}

td {
padding-left: .3em;
padding-right: .3em;
padding-top: .2em;
padding-bottom: .2em;
line-height: 1.5em;
}

tr {
height: 1.5em;
}

th, tfoot {
# text-align: left;
padding-left: .3em;
padding-right: .2em;
padding-top: .2em;
padding-bottom: .2em;
line-height: 1.5em;
font-weight: bold;
# color: #FFF;
}

caption {
font-style: italic;
caption-side: bottom;
text-align: left;
padding-top: 0.3em;
padding-bottom: 0.3em;
}

.odd {
background: #F6F6F6;
}

Have a look at this thread
www.mobilejoomla.com/forum/topic.html?id=463&p=1#p1901
for some ideas on how to diagnose the problem.
Let me know if this helps or not.

content is going outside of template on iPhone 13 years, 8 months ago #2156

• Barnabas
PS. It may seem obvious but I didn't twig it immediately, that you can view the pda version or imode on your iphone or iphone emulator. You can then see if that template handles the site better and go from there.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.10 seconds

By continuing to use this site you consent to the use of cookies on your device as described in our cookie policy unless you have disabled them. This site will not function correctly without cookies.

I accept cookies from this site.