Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me

My Views. And need help
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: My Views. And need help

My Views. And need help 13 years, 8 months ago #463

First off this things works straight away with no real configs. I love it

But im slightly consurned if you go onto my homepage from a mobile device. the words/Paragraphs do not stay in the confines of the template. Make its look messy.

www.larneswimmingclub.org because ive just installed it please try it on your iphone as thats were ive seen the error.

Thanks in advance
Steve

My Views. And need help 13 years, 8 months ago #2128

• Barnabas
Hi,
The reason the words are ragged is because the CSS in the MJ template is using settings from the Lyften bloggie to set the text. I found this by using a couple of addons for Firefox - User Agent Switcher and Firebug. I also used www.testiphone.com/ to view the problem.

The solution is not straightforward. I'm suggesting that you modify the css supplied by MJ but that will mean you have to reapply it when MJ upgrades. Someone else may supply a better solution but this may get you out of the hole.

By adding width: 75% to the following
templatesmobile_iphonecssmj_iphone.css

(line 51)
p {
width: 75%;
margin-bottom: 1em;
}
(line 103)
h3, div.h3 {
width: 75%;
margin: 0 0 5px 0;
font-size: 16px;
font-weight: bold;

Let me know if this helps.

My Views. And need help 13 years, 8 months ago #2130

I'm Pleased to say this fixed it. Thanks. No i have to work out how to make the "comments and read more bar" smaller to fit in. But thanks so much for the help

My Views. And need help 13 years, 8 months ago #2139

• Barnabas
The comments and read more are in an area controlled by the css of Lyften Bloggie so the change will affect both mobile and non mobile site.

in components/com_lyftenbloggie/addons/themes/styles.php?theme=classic
add width:75%;
#lyftenbloggie .blogentry-options {
color:#C0C0C0;
font-size:11px;
line-height:15px;
padding:0 5px 5px;
width:75%;
}

I found help.joomla.org/files/joomla_firebug_tutorial_part1.swf very useful although it is not the current version it gives techniques which allow you to see what css is doing and change it on the fly without changing your site. There is a second part to this tutorial at help.joomla.org/files/joomla_firebug_tutorial_part2.swf

My Views. And need help 13 years, 8 months ago #2144

I can't seem to be able to access th CSS in the lyftenbloggie.

To make sure m doing it right i go to "Components > LyftenBloggie > Settings > Themes > choose my theme > Edit CSS?

My Views. And need help 13 years, 8 months ago #2154

Now resolved! Big thanks to Barnabas
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.16 seconds

By continuing to use this site you consent to the use of cookies on your device as described in our cookie policy unless you have disabled them. This site will not function correctly without cookies.

I accept cookies from this site.