Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me

double tap to enlarge images on iphone / decrease qt .mov before play
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: double tap to enlarge images on iphone / decrease qt .mov before play

double tap to enlarge images on iphone / decrease qt .mov before play 13 years, 9 months ago #407

• aclassmatt
  • Fresh Boarder
hej hej
how can I enable the double tap function for images on iphone? If mobile joomla resizes those pictures, there is no way for the phone to enlarge them. Too big pictures run out of the template. Any ideas?

Another point are quicktime generated .mov/m4v/3gp for iphone and other mobile devices. If I fit them for the mobile phone, they are too small for the desktop site and if I fit them for the desktop site, they run over the template. (On click, they start in the mobile quicktime for iphone)
recommendations?

double tap to enlarge images on iphone / decrease qt .mov before play 13 years, 9 months ago #1923

• dryabov
  • Administrator
  • Denis Ryabov, Lead Developer
aclassmatt wrote:
how can I enable the double tap function for images on iphone? If mobile joomla resizes those pictures, there is no way for the phone to enlarge them. Too big pictures run out of the template. Any ideas?

By default it scales images to fit the screen. For what reason you need to view at images that larger you screensize?

aclassmatt wrote:
Another point are quicktime generated .mov/m4v/3gp for iphone and other mobile devices. If I fit them for the mobile phone, they are too small for the desktop site and if I fit them for the desktop site, they run over the template. (On click, they start in the mobile quicktime for iphone)

I would think about making a plugin that somehow substitutes desktop movies with mobile ones.

double tap to enlarge images on iphone / decrease qt .mov before play 13 years, 8 months ago #2099

• aclassmatt
  • Fresh Boarder
dryabov wrote:
For what reason you need to view at images that larger you screensize?

I have for example a map which is in this size useless. double tab or enlarging with two fingers would be useful.
In desktop safari with iphone set as user agent the picture opens in a new window, on iphone nothing happens. mh.

A plugin for the video issue is a good idea. I'll try. [solved]

double tap to enlarge images on iphone / decrease qt .mov before play 13 years, 8 months ago #2103

• miohtama
  • Expert Boarder
Note that video playbback is very straightforward if you only consider iPhone as its main format is progressive downloaded h264 in MP4 container over HTTP.

However, many phones out there do not support progressive HTTP (e.g. Nokia). You need to stream the clip over RTSP using Apple Darwin Streaming Server (open source, but pain to set up) or save clips first to phone fully before playing them.

Also, transcoding needs background process daemon with job queues and that's something PHP can't itself do, unless you want to prepare files on your local computer before uploading.

Hope this gives some insight.

Cheers,
Mikko

double tap to enlarge images on iphone / decrease qt .mov before play 13 years, 8 months ago #2106

• dryabov
  • Administrator
  • Denis Ryabov, Lead Developer
Mikko, instead we can try to make a plugin that will replace video object by link to .mov/m4v/3gp file (if it exists, of course).

Also embedded youtube video may be replaced by corresponding link to m.youtube.com.

double tap to enlarge images on iphone / decrease qt .mov before play 13 years, 8 months ago #2117

• miohtama
  • Expert Boarder
Hmm good idea.

Questions

1) Are you thinking automatic mapping between web video files and mobile video files?

2) What's the hook to post-process HTML in mobilejooma for tasks like this? Any examples what we are already doing?
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.08 seconds

By continuing to use this site you consent to the use of cookies on your device as described in our cookie policy unless you have disabled them. This site will not function correctly without cookies.

I accept cookies from this site.