Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me

Can't get back to mobile version after clicking Standard link
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: Can't get back to mobile version after clicking Standard link

Re: Can't get back to mobile version after clicking Standard link 12 years, 10 months ago #4431

• Aimee
  • Fresh Boarder
I had the same problem and had to clear the cookie and restart.  Fine for me now I know in development, but it can't be the way users are expected to revert back?

Re: Can't get back to mobile version after clicking Standard link 12 years, 2 months ago #7362

• jens25
  • Fresh Boarder
I have just uploaded Mobile Joomla extension onto my Joomla website. Followed tutorial on www.ostraining.com. Everything going well. I had mobile version on my android LG500 phone then clicked on standard version at bottom of the page and BANG can't get mobile version now. How can I switch back to mobile version. Is it through the phone itself or through my website administrator. I am a novice so talk about cookies etc fly over my head!!

Re: Can't get back to mobile version after clicking Standard link 12 years, 2 months ago #7482

• dougevans
  • Fresh Boarder
Yes, this is definitely a problem. I can clear the cookies and get back to the mobile site but most people will not or don't know how to do that.

I changed the Select Markup module AND hardcoded a mobile link (<a href="mysite.com/?device=xhtml">Mobile Version</a>) and without clearing the cookies it will not go back to the mobile version.

I can't use this component like this. Can someone reply with some feedback please?

Thanks,
Doug

Re: Can't get back to mobile version after clicking Standard link 12 years, 2 months ago #7487

• peca.n
  • Fresh Boarder
Find "Select Markup" module with position "footer" and change position to "position-14"). It helps me. It shows mobile/desktop switcher in standard page. Peter.
Last Edit: 12 years, 2 months ago by peca.n.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Barnabas

Re: Can't get back to mobile version after clicking Standard link 12 years, 2 months ago #7489

• Barnabas
Peca.n is correct. The select markup module has to be displayed on the "desktop" site as well as the mobile view.
The usual way to do this is to make a copy of the module and show it in the footer of the desktop site. Then the visitor will have somewhere to click to go back to the mobile site.
Last Edit: 12 years, 2 months ago by Barnabas.

Re: Can't get back to mobile version after clicking Standard link 11 years, 6 months ago #12410

• polmis
  • Fresh Boarder
If i click the Standard version link in Firefox or IE, I go to my regular/standard website and can't get back to mobile version.
I disabled cookies in my Galaxy II browser and the footer <Mobile Version | Standard version> appears again using the mobile template.

Pola

Re: Can't get back to mobile version after clicking Standard li 11 years, 2 months ago #13730

• mreza
  • Fresh Boarder
Hi
I have the same problem. when i go to standard version i can not back to mobile version because there is no option to click.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.09 seconds

By continuing to use this site you consent to the use of cookies on your device as described in our cookie policy unless you have disabled them. This site will not function correctly without cookies.

I accept cookies from this site.