Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me

Problems with iPhone and Android
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: Problems with iPhone and Android

Problems with iPhone and Android 7 years, 7 months ago #20262

Hi,

some users reported issues with my site on iPhone and Android. On iPhone, they're unable to see the multimedia content (although all players are HTML5). On Android, they see the desktop version instead of the mobile template. The first thing I thought was that I should check my Mobile Joomla subscription, which as a matter of fact had expired. I renewed it today, but nothing has changed on their end. The strange thing is that I noticed no issues when I browse the site on my Android phone, it's all OK. So why can't they view the site correctly? Is it because I'm running Mobile Joomla 1.x on Joomla 3? Or should I move to Mobile Joomla Pro (I currently have Mobile Joomla Basic)? I've also checked the site for malware, it's clean. Any suggestions welcome. If you need a link, I can provide it via private message.
Thank you.

Re: Problems with iPhone and Android 7 years, 7 months ago #20263

Update: on some Android versions, I get the mobile-ready version on Google Chrome but the desktop version on the Android built in browser...

Re: Problems with iPhone and Android 7 years, 7 months ago #20265

Hello,

Mobile Joomla 1.x is old and other features and new devices may not detect your site as a mobile. I suggest for you to use Mobile Joomla 2.x. If that didn't fix the issue, please send us a screenshot of the issue and temporary admin login to our email This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it .

Best,

John Mark C.
Mobile Joomla! Support

Re: Problems with iPhone and Android 7 years, 7 months ago #20268

Yes, I know Mobile Joomla 2 is more up to date.
But the mobile smartphone template has been changed, I wish to avoid having to re-customize it all from scratch, and adjust every single item position, it takes a lot. Furthermore, I don't like the new vertical popup menu and sidebar, they force me to re-think the whole site interface. Consider I run other sites with Mobile Joomla, I'd have to restyle them from zero in order to update the component, and I've got many other things to do currently. I've tried duplicating the MJ 1 smartphone template prior to installing the new version and then using it in MJ2: of course, I'm getting blank screen... So I've currently reverted to the old MJ version, although this can't be the definitive solution. If you have any workaround to suggest, tell me. Thank you.
Last Edit: 7 years, 7 months ago by magmultimedia3.

Re: Problems with iPhone and Android 7 years, 7 months ago #20273

Hello,

Please send us the following to our email This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it so that we can try to investigate the issue:

1.) Screenshot pointing out the issue
2.) Temporary admin login

Best,

John Mark C.
Mobile Joomla! Support

Re: Problems with iPhone and Android 7 years, 7 months ago #20281

Done.
Please check your email and answer asap, thank you.

Re: Problems with iPhone and Android 7 years, 7 months ago #20284

Hello,

I replied to your email.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.10 seconds

By continuing to use this site you consent to the use of cookies on your device as described in our cookie policy unless you have disabled them. This site will not function correctly without cookies.

I accept cookies from this site.