Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me

Uninstalled Mobile Joomla and Mobile Devices Not Working At All
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: Uninstalled Mobile Joomla and Mobile Devices Not Working At All

Uninstalled Mobile Joomla and Mobile Devices Not Working At All 8 years, 10 months ago #18851

• jchris
  • Fresh Boarder
SOLVED
I tried installing mobile joomla on a site (1.5.26) and couldn't get it to work correctly or display on mobile device at all. I deleted the component, but mobile devices still display a blank screen when I attempt to visit the website with a mobile device, and keeps changing teh URL to abc.smartlocal.mobi . What do I need to do so that I can view the website from mobile devices again (just the regular, non-mobile website).

Thank you!
Last Edit: 8 years, 9 months ago by jchris. Reason: Marked "Solved" (Although it wouldn't let me edit the title)

Re: Uninstalled Mobile Joomla and Mobile Devices Not Working At All 8 years, 10 months ago #18853

Hi jchris.

Thanks for contacting Mobile Joomla! forum. I have the following questions to help us resolve this issue:

- Can you provide us the url of your joomla website?  
- Do you have other components installed to make your site responsive?
- Can you provide a screenshot of the issue?

Best,

John Mark C.
Mobile Joomla! Support

Re: Uninstalled Mobile Joomla and Mobile Devices Not Working At All 8 years, 10 months ago #18860

• jchris
  • Fresh Boarder
Hi - 

Website is abcautoelectronics.com

There are no other plugins installed to make site responsive.

Attached is a screenshot of what the mobile device displays when attempting to visit the site on a phone. The URL is changed to abc.smartlocal.mobi and the website won't display.

Thank you!
Attachments:

Re: Uninstalled Mobile Joomla and Mobile Devices Not Working At All 8 years, 10 months ago #18866

Hi jchris.

Thank you for the screenshot. It looks like your Joomla site has something to detect mobile devices and redirect to abc.smartlocal.mobi . Can you re-install Joomla Mobile! and check advanced settings for redirection? 

Please see screenshot: screencast.com/t/kCiacwwkEYw

Best,

John Mark C.
Mobile Joomla! Support

Re: Uninstalled Mobile Joomla and Mobile Devices Not Working At All 8 years, 10 months ago #18955

• jchris
  • Fresh Boarder
I reinstalled mobilejoomla and checked the advanced settings and there was no redirect set. Problem persists.
Also, when I did have mobilejommla installed the website wouldn't display anywhere, not even on my mac (I did unassign the templates, so that wasn't the problem).
Any ideas? I just want to be able to view the site on a mobile device. Is there somewhere in the code I can manually remove any redirection that might be set somewhere?

Thanks!

Re: Uninstalled Mobile Joomla and Mobile Devices Not Working At All 8 years, 10 months ago #18960

Hi jchris.

I'll have our developer check on this. We will get back to you as soon as possible.

Best,

John Mark C.
Mobile Joomla! Support

Re: Uninstalled Mobile Joomla and Mobile Devices Not Working At All 8 years, 10 months ago #18964

• dryabov
  • Administrator
  • Denis Ryabov, Lead Developer
jchris, Mobile Joomla has single "entry" point, it is Mobile Joomla! system plugin. If that plugin is disabled (or uninstalled), Mobile Joomla doesn't affect website at all.

So, check other extensions that might affect mobile visitors (check settings of SEF extension, template, maybe other system plugins), check .htaccess file, maybe redirect is set there.

Re: Uninstalled Mobile Joomla and Mobile Devices Not Working At All 8 years, 9 months ago #19126

• jchris
  • Fresh Boarder
In case anyone is interested, I found the problem. There was some code in the top of my index.php file, which was causing a redirect. It looked like old mobile redirect code. Removed it, and all is good. 

Re: Uninstalled Mobile Joomla and Mobile Devices Not Working At All 8 years, 9 months ago #19137

Hi jchris.

Good to know it's all working. I'll bookmark this thread in in case someone will have the same issue.

Let us know if you have further questions.

Best,

John Mark C.
Mobile Joomla! Support
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.09 seconds

By continuing to use this site you consent to the use of cookies on your device as described in our cookie policy unless you have disabled them. This site will not function correctly without cookies.

I accept cookies from this site.