PageSpeed error
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: PageSpeed error

PageSpeed error 9 years, 1 month ago #18443

• datanz
  • Fresh Boarder
Hi,

I have Mobile Joomla installed on my website.

I was wondering if anyone could help me with this error reported by Google's Pagespeed service:

Should Fix:

Eliminate render-blocking JavaScript and CSS in above-the-fold content
Your page has 3 blocking CSS resources. This causes a delay in rendering your page.

None of the above-the-fold content on your page could be rendered without waiting for the following resources to load. Try to defer or asynchronously load blocking resources, or inline the critical portions of those resources directly in the HTML.

Optimize CSS Delivery of the following:
-----/templates/mobile_iphone/jqtouch-src/jqtouch/jqtouch.min.css
-----/templates/mobile_iphone/jqtouch-src/themes/apple/theme.min.css
-----/templates/mobile_iphone/css/mj_iphone.css

Shall highly appreciate any help in getting rid of such errors.

Thanks

Re: PageSpeed error 9 years, 1 month ago #18446

• dryabov
  • Administrator
  • Denis Ryabov, Lead Developer
The fastest way to get and render a webpage is to send one request to the server, get response and render page without any additional requests to the server. Each javascript, stylesheet, or image increase number of requests, and, correspondingly, increase render time. So, the best page structure is

<html><head>
<title>Page Title</title>
<style>[css rules required to render above-the-fold part of the page]</style>
</head><body>
[page content]
<script async src="[js file that asynchronously loads stylesheets, images, javascripts, etc.]"></script>
</body></html>

This way results in fast page rendering (and that's why it is preferable by Google), but it is quite hard to implement this technique for dynamic websites like most popular CMSs (because of above-the-fold styles varies from page to page), so it's quite usual to combine all css into single file (to have just one "render-blocking" css request only) and load javascripts asynchronously. Such an optimization is a part of MobileJoomla 2.0 that is in beta stage currently (send us an email if you like to be beta-tester), and we are going to release RC version to public in the March, 20-25, and Stable version at the beginning of April.

Re: PageSpeed error 9 years, 1 month ago #18454

• datanz
  • Fresh Boarder
Hi,

I am wondering why this error is being reported only on iPhones and not not on Android.

Thanks

Re: PageSpeed error 9 years, 1 month ago #18455

• dryabov
  • Administrator
  • Denis Ryabov, Lead Developer
Because of by default mobile_iphone template is used on iPhones and mobile_smartphone on other smartphones.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.10 seconds

By continuing to use this site you consent to the use of cookies on your device as described in our cookie policy unless you have disabled them. This site will not function correctly without cookies.

I accept cookies from this site.