Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me

install blank screen
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: install blank screen

install blank screen 11 years, 2 months ago #14039

Hi Everyone!

After manually setting the permissions in my directory I got the blank screen install failure. I am definitely a novice, and was wondering if someone could "dumb down" the following instructions:

"In most cases it means that your server is limited in resources and Joomla has no time/memory to unpack MobileJoomla archive (check your error_log for info about the error). Try to unpack it to Joomla’s tmp directory and do install from the directory."

I use bluehost and I think the above instructions mean to download it directly to bluehost's temp directory?

Re: install blank screen 11 years, 2 months ago #14040

• dryabov
  • Administrator
  • Denis Ryabov, Lead Developer
Yes, upload directly and use "Install from directory" method (docs.joomla.org/Installing_an_extension#Manual_Installation).

Re: install blank screen 11 years, 2 months ago #14044

thanks...one question...I have to unzip it first before uploading to bluehost? the reason is that Joomla is giving me the "Please enter a package directory" response when I try to install it...I think I have the absolute path from the root of the filesystem correct....
Last Edit: 11 years, 2 months ago by janaschicago.

Re: install blank screen 11 years, 2 months ago #14046

• dryabov
  • Administrator
  • Denis Ryabov, Lead Developer
janaschicago wrote:
thanks...one question...I have to unzip it first before uploading to bluehost?

Yes

Re: install blank screen 11 years, 2 months ago #14047

thanks....I must be screwing up something that is terribly easy....the reason is that Joomla is giving me the "Please enter a package directory" response when I try to install it...I think I have the absolute path from the root of the filesystem correct....do I still need to manually set the permissions to allow access?
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.07 seconds

By continuing to use this site you consent to the use of cookies on your device as described in our cookie policy unless you have disabled them. This site will not function correctly without cookies.

I accept cookies from this site.