Username Password: Remember me

collapsible main menu
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: collapsible main menu

collapsible main menu 11 years, 10 months ago #10175

• kprochazka
  • Fresh Boarder
I would like to implement a main menu that works like the menu on the mobile version of this site on my iphone - i.e. a main menu that has a plus sign next to the word "menu" and when you press the plus sign the menu expands and when you then press on the "minus" sign the menu collapses.

This seems like it would just be an option on the mainmenu module but I can't find one - and my web searching has been fruitless. 

I'm new this forum but can you possibly help me implement this feature?

Thanks,

Ken
The following user(s) said Thank You: dg93

Re: collapsible main menu 11 years, 9 months ago #10375

• dg93
  • Fresh Boarder
Were you able to find a fix?

Re: collapsible main menu 11 years, 9 months ago #10385

• kprochazka
  • Fresh Boarder
Thanks for asking - no I haven't found a fix.  I'm wondering if I have to purchase some commercial plugin/module package but no one has even suggested that so I'm still at a loss.

Ken

Re: collapsible main menu 11 years, 9 months ago #10389

• dg93
  • Fresh Boarder
Me too. I have to get this finished for my client and no idea how to fix it either. If I find something I will let you know.

Re: collapsible main menu 11 years, 9 months ago #10392

• kprochazka
  • Fresh Boarder
thanks

Re: collapsible main menu 11 years, 9 months ago #10417

• dg93
  • Fresh Boarder
I may need to move back to jtouch for the collapsible menus, unfortunately.

Re: collapsible main menu 11 years, 9 months ago #10421

• kprochazka
  • Fresh Boarder
I came across this today in my continuing research - found it on this site in a thread on "Dropdown menus" - looks like they're calling the collapsible menus "drop downs" - since I'm not really a programmer I have no idea how complicated this is so I'll continue to research.

"If you want a real drop-down like the pro template provided here at Mobile joomla you have to use the JQuery Mobile framework and I guess that gets a little tricky to implement unless you know what you're doing...

It looks cool though and the price is not too high I think so it might be worth getting it. "

Ken

Re: collapsible main menu 11 years, 9 months ago #10499

• dg93
  • Fresh Boarder
thanks . . . I am looking too Not sure how to initiate the JQuery Mobile Framework though. Nothing in the admin.

Re: collapsible main menu 11 years, 9 months ago #10661

• dg93
  • Fresh Boarder
Were you able to find out how to add the Collapsible menus?

thanks

Re: collapsible main menu 11 years, 9 months ago #10662

• kprochazka
  • Fresh Boarder
I've kind of given up - it looks like collapsible menus on this site are provided by the "elegance" template that they are selling for $69.00.  Since I'm voluntarily supporting a small charitable organization it is not worth it for us to spend that amount of money on something that just "looks nicer" than the free menu system that comes with the off-the-rack mobile joomla extension.  Also, since I'm not a javascript programmer my time is better spent on other functionality.  If I come across something I'll post here.

Sorry,

Ken
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.09 seconds

By continuing to use this site you consent to the use of cookies on your device as described in our cookie policy unless you have disabled them. This site will not function correctly without cookies.

I accept cookies from this site.