Why does it look different?
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: Why does it look different?

Why does it look different? 3 years, 8 months ago #21667

• Wishpacker
  • Fresh Boarder
Hello,

Actually, mobilejoomla seems to be a really good extension, but I don't understand something.

The integrated iPhone emulator shows me my website like this

On my Galaxy S6 with a resolution of 1440x2560px, however, it is shown to me

Shouldn't the resolution really matter?

Can someone explain to me why this is so and if you can do something there? Maybe with CSS?

I hope you can understand it despite the google translator.

Re: Why does it look different? 3 years, 8 months ago #21668

• dryabov
  • Administrator
  • Denis Ryabov, Lead Developer
By default, Mobile Joomla uses different templates for mobile and desktop versions of the website (mobile version uses Mobile_Basic template). The template is chosen basing on browser's User-Agent header. So, MJ previewer correctly switches to mobile template, but browser's Responsive mode still uses desktop template. But you can select another smartphone emulations mode instead of "Responsive" at the top of your browser (or even click "Edit" and add your own devices with known resolution and User-Agent header).

Re: Why does it look different? 3 years, 8 months ago #21669

• Wishpacker
  • Fresh Boarder
Yes I know that. I have installed a user agent switcher for my browser. When I visit my website with my smartphone, it really looks like the screenshot. Shouldn't it always look like how it automatically adjusts itself in the emulator? No matter which device? Is there anything i can do?

Re: Why does it look different? 3 years, 8 months ago #21670

• dryabov
  • Administrator
Mobile Joomla uses User-Agent header to detect device type (using either local device database or remote one in MJ Pro) and switch to corresponding template. We update local device database several times per year, so it is quite actual. Just don't forget to check that Auto Update is enabled in MJ settings.

As a result, it should adjust template correctly in all smartphone and emulators that change User-Agent header appropriately.

Re: Why does it look different? 3 years, 8 months ago #21671

• Wishpacker
  • Fresh Boarder
Does that mean if I buy mobile joomla pro, will it work? Or can I also wait for an update with the free version?

Re: Why does it look different? 3 years, 8 months ago #21672

• dryabov
  • Administrator
What smartphone do you use for test? And which browser? As far as I know, local database detects device type correctly even for new smartphones (though it may incorrectly detect the screen resolution).

Re: Why does it look different? 3 years, 8 months ago #21673

• Wishpacker
  • Fresh Boarder
I have a Samsung Galaxy S6 and there is "Samsung Internet" pre-installed.

Re: Why does it look different? 3 years, 8 months ago #21674

• dryabov
  • Administrator
1. Have you switched mobile browser to desktop mode?
2. Have you switched to desktop template via Mobile Switcher module?
3. Did you opened MJ's Preview page in mobile browser?
4. Could you visit www.mobilejoomla.com/uatest.php on your mobile browser and post result there?

Re: Why does it look different? 3 years, 8 months ago #21675

• Wishpacker
  • Fresh Boarder
When I visit my website with my smartphone, the template is already changed, but not shown as it should be. That means the switcher works correctly? When I visit your demo site everything looks great.

Re: Why does it look different? 3 years, 8 months ago #21676

• dryabov
  • Administrator
The text

amdd: 'mobile'

means that the device is included into both local and remote device databases. Could you PM me (or send to This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it ) the URL of your website? I'll try to check it with our devices.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.14 seconds

By continuing to use this site you consent to the use of cookies on your device as described in our cookie policy unless you have disabled them. This site will not function correctly without cookies.

I accept cookies from this site.