(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: How to change demo favicon

How to change demo favicon 3 years, 11 months ago #21645

• Elimelech
  • Junior Boarder
In the control panel writes the following:
"'mobile_basic' template uses demo favicon.ico file" 

- What does this message mean and how to change the favicon icon to your own?

I have Joomla 1.5.27, Mobile 2.1.45
Last Edit: 3 years, 11 months ago by Elimelech.

Re: How to change demo favicon 3 years, 11 months ago #21648

• dryabov
  • Administrator
  • Denis Ryabov, Lead Developer
From the first release, the Mobile_Basic template includes two demo resources, logo.png and favicon.ico, that are used as a kind of stubs until user uploads its own files. The logo.png file (just a "My Joomla Site" text) is used in Show in Header: "Logo" / "Logo with site title" modes. And the favicon.ico file (a small "MJ" logo) is used as for mobile site icon until proper one is not uploaded. And the problem was that those files were not created after installation of the Mobile extension, but after a user opens template's Details page, that is quite unclear and unexpected. Now it's happened after the installation and seems to be more clearly.

The favicon.ico file may be uploaded in the Icons section of Mobile_Basic template settings, or by direct overwriting templates/mobile_basic/favicon.ico file on the server.

Re: How to change demo favicon 3 years, 11 months ago #21649

• Elimelech
  • Junior Boarder
Thank!
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.09 seconds

By continuing to use this site you consent to the use of cookies on your device as described in our cookie policy unless you have disabled them. This site will not function correctly without cookies.

I accept cookies from this site.