Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me

Mapping between original template position and mobile positions
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: Mapping between original template position and mobile positions

Mapping between original template position and mobile positions 5 years, 6 months ago #21266

• twarfield
  • Fresh Boarder
Hello; like others on the forum, I noticed that modules were not displaying on the mobile version of the site. I watched the video www.youtube.com/watch?v=VLfr95LYYr4, where the recommended solution is to create a copy of the module and assign it explicitly to one of the mobile template positions found in the Position dropdown list under Mobile Basic.

This works; however, there is a drawback, which is that now there are two copies of a module, that must be separately maintained. in some cases this is preferred, because there are differences in how you would want to handle a module between the original template and the mobile version. But in other cases, the better solution would be to assign the module to a regular template position that will be automatically mapped to a mobile template position.

Do you have any functionality like this, or is it planned? Would a plugin be a suitable way to accomplish this?

Thanks,
-TW

Re: Mapping between original template position and mobile positions 5 years, 6 months ago #21267

• dryabov
  • Administrator
  • Denis Ryabov, Lead Developer
Mobile Joomla! contains two modules, MJ - Proxy Module and MJ - Proxy Position, that allow to easily display "desktop" module or entire module position in mobile template. Just publish Proxy Module module in one of mobile template positions (mj_top, mj_middle, mj_footer, mj_panel, ...) and set it to display specified desktop module.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.06 seconds

By continuing to use this site you consent to the use of cookies on your device as described in our cookie policy unless you have disabled them. This site will not function correctly without cookies.

I accept cookies from this site.