Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me

HTTP 500 error
(1 viewing) (1) Guest

TOPIC: HTTP 500 error

Re: HTTP 500 error 5 years, 6 months ago #21276

• ldor
  • Junior Boarder
Yes, I've disabled now Mobile-Scientia but that did not help. Mobile-AMDD was already activated

Re: HTTP 500 error 5 years, 6 months ago #21277

• dryabov
  • Administrator
  • Denis Ryabov, Lead Developer
I've found a plugin that logs all PHP's warnings and errors into a separate file (I developed it few years ago for similar case of unknown error and lack of information in error_log). Just install and publish this plugin to store all errors, warnings, and even notices into plugins/system/error_log.php file. Don't forget to unpublish the plugin after you reproduce the issue, because of size of error_log.php may be quite large.
Attachments:

Re: HTTP 500 error 5 years, 6 months ago #21278

• ldor
  • Junior Boarder
Thank you. Now I can't do it, I will post here when done, probably in 1-2 days

Re: HTTP 500 error 5 years, 6 months ago #21287

• ldor
  • Junior Boarder
Hi again,

I've downloaded the plugin but could not install it. It says:
Error! Could not find a Joomla! XML setup file in the package.

What should I do?
Last Edit: 5 years, 6 months ago by ldor.

Re: HTTP 500 error 5 years, 6 months ago #21288

• dryabov
  • Administrator
It's quite common issue on Joomla!1.5. The solution is to unpack MJ package into a directory on the server (actually after failed installing it in a standard way it should be unpacked in Joomla's tmp/install_<some sequence of alphanumeric characters>) and install using Install from directory method.

Re: HTTP 500 error 5 years, 6 months ago #21289

• ldor
  • Junior Boarder
Well, again it did not work. I tried a lot of different ways to enter the directory path, it was always saying "Please enter a package directory". Finally, when I entered the directory like "/home/username/public_html/tmp/my_dyrectory", it did not say that but it gave the same error as before: "Could not find a Joomla! XML setup file in the package."

Re: HTTP 500 error 5 years, 6 months ago #21290

• dryabov
  • Administrator
Yes, the path to directory with unpacked Mobile Joomla package should be absolute, i.e. /home/username/public_html/tmp/install_directory. And check that mobilejoomla.xml file is located in specified directory.

PS. Just to be sure, do you use latest Joomla!1.5 release?

Re: HTTP 500 error 5 years, 6 months ago #21292

• ldor
  • Junior Boarder
Hi, I am back now.
Why do you mention mobilejoomla.xml? Shouldn't it be errorlogging.xml from your plugin?

I checked, I use Joomla 1.5.20. Isn't that ok, is it necessary to upgrade it to 1.5.26? I don't remember exactly but I think I had some trouble with 1.5.26 that is why I had to stop at 1.5.20. So would not like to take the risk of upgrading to 1.5.26.

Re: HTTP 500 error 5 years, 6 months ago #21294

• dryabov
  • Administrator
mobilejoomla.xml is the file from Mobile Joomla package that Joomla's installer component should read and install Mobile Joomla extensions according to meta-data in that file. So, it is easy way to check that you have written correct path in the Install Directory field, just check that mobilejoomla.xml exists there.

And as far as I remember, there was no significant changes in Joomla's installer component between 1.5.20 and 1.5.26, but I'll try to setup a test website on Joomla 1.5.20 and reproduce issue there.

Re: HTTP 500 error 5 years, 6 months ago #21295

• ldor
  • Junior Boarder
There is no mobilejoomla.xml in that directory - I just created it specially specially to upload errorlogging plugin there. I am sure that I entered that path correctly because otherwise there would be a message "Please enter a package directory". But still it can't install the plugin from there, does not seem to recognize errorlogging.xml. Maybe really some version incompatibility issue?
Time to create page: 0.09 seconds

By continuing to use this site you consent to the use of cookies on your device as described in our cookie policy unless you have disabled them. This site will not function correctly without cookies.

I accept cookies from this site.