Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me

HTTP 500 error
(1 viewing) (1) Guest

TOPIC: HTTP 500 error

HTTP 500 error 5 years, 6 months ago #21264

• ldor
  • Junior Boarder
Hi. I've just upgraded to Mobile Joomla v2 (I had v1) and noticed that mobile_basic template does not work with some pages of my site, it gives http error 500. I switched to mobile_iphone template and it works with all pages without errors. Is there a way to fix this 500 error with the basic template? Alternatively, can I try Elegance template before buying it? It am ready to buy it if it works with my site. But if it is also going to produce this error then buying makes no sense. Thank you

Re: HTTP 500 error 5 years, 6 months ago #21265

• dryabov
  • Administrator
  • Denis Ryabov, Lead Developer
In the case of 500 error there should be a related error message in error_log file, could you check it?

Elegance template is based on Mobile_Basic, so it's better to start with fixing of this issue prior to install Elegance. What is your Joomla and PHP versions?

Re: HTTP 500 error 5 years, 6 months ago #21268

• ldor
  • Junior Boarder
PHP is 5.2 and Joomla is 1.5. I do not see error_log file neither in the root directory nor in public_html. Where can I find it?

Re: HTTP 500 error 5 years, 6 months ago #21269

• dryabov
  • Administrator
In Joomla backend open Help->System Info and switch to PHP Information tab, there you can found all PHP settings including path to error_log. If it has "no value" text, path to error log file depends on webserver settings. What server do you use, is it shared hosting or vps/vds/own server?

Re: HTTP 500 error 5 years, 6 months ago #21270

• ldor
  • Junior Boarder
Unfortunately I cannot find error_log. Tried to search the page you mentioned (otherwise it's too long to find something without search) and found nothing. Also tried to search all my files, then I found a few error_log files but they are all old.

I use shared hosting but it's a good one, SiteGround

Re: HTTP 500 error 5 years, 6 months ago #21271

• ldor
  • Junior Boarder
I've noticed one thing. Most of the pages that produce this error use Jumi plugin. So first I thought that it is this plugin that causes the error. But than I found one page that uses this plugin without an error. Still could it be because of Jumi? Are there any known issues with it for Mobile Joomla?

Re: HTTP 500 error 5 years, 6 months ago #21272

• dryabov
  • Administrator
SiteGround allows to get error log from its cpanel.

Re: HTTP 500 error 5 years, 6 months ago #21273

• ldor
  • Junior Boarder
I found it in Cpanel, attaching it here
Attachments:

Re: HTTP 500 error 5 years, 6 months ago #21274

• ldor
  • Junior Boarder
Just thought of another solution. In the pro version, is it possible to assign different templates to different pages? I did not see that in the list of features but, if that is possible, I could assign iphone template only to those pages that create this error and use basic template everywhere else

Re: HTTP 500 error 5 years, 6 months ago #21275

• dryabov
  • Administrator
There are errors related to Mobile-Scientia plugin in error log. This plugin was a part of MJ 1.x, but MJ 2.x uses another device detection plugin, Mobile-AMDD. So, I'd recommend you to disable that plugin and check that Mobile-AMDD is activated.
Last Edit: 5 years, 6 months ago by dryabov.
Time to create page: 0.09 seconds

By continuing to use this site you consent to the use of cookies on your device as described in our cookie policy unless you have disabled them. This site will not function correctly without cookies.

I accept cookies from this site.