Amazon Fire 7 tablet detection?
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: Amazon Fire 7 tablet detection?

Amazon Fire 7 tablet detection? 8 years, 5 months ago #19733

• oliverjoom
  • Fresh Boarder
Hi,
I'm not sure how you categorize tablet computers in general but I just got one of the new Amazon Fire 7 devices and was expecting that it would be detected as a mobile device but I ended up on the desktop version of my website. Is this on purpose to have it this way or is the Fire 7 so new that is not yet on your device list for auto-detection?

Re: Amazon Fire 7 tablet detection? 8 years, 5 months ago #19736

Hi oliverjoom,

Can you provide us a screenshot please from your Amazon Fire 7 device that it displays the Desktop view not the mobile? You can also send the screenshot to our email This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it

Best,

John Mark C.

Re: Amazon Fire 7 tablet detection? 8 years, 5 months ago #19739

• oliverjoom
  • Fresh Boarder
Ok I think I know now what the problem is: The Fire7 tablet comes with the "Silk" browser and to be honest I never used it, since I have installed Firefox and Chrome on the device and only use those two. I just tried the regular Silk browser for the first time and I automatically see the mobile version of the website, so that is all good.

I know that using Firefox and Chrome on a Fire7 is not a common use case but maybe you can still add them to your auto-detect browser list for the Fire7 device because on Chrome and Firefox I see the desktop version of the website by default.

Re: Amazon Fire 7 tablet detection? 8 years, 5 months ago #19743

Hi oliverjoom,

We can request our lead developer to add the Fire7 for FireFox and Chrome for our list of device and browsers. Can you send us please a screenshot for both Chrome and FireFox that doesn't display the mobile view on your Fire7?

Best,

John Mark C.
Mobile Joomla! Support
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.07 seconds

By continuing to use this site you consent to the use of cookies on your device as described in our cookie policy unless you have disabled them. This site will not function correctly without cookies.

I accept cookies from this site.