IOS 9 Template questions
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: IOS 9 Template questions

IOS 9 Template questions 8 years, 5 months ago #19731

• klhouser
  • Fresh Boarder
Hello,

I have some questions about configuring the IOS 9 template.

Is there a way to disable the Back and Home buttons in the toolbar?

I would like the title in the toolbar to be the same for all pages. Is hard-coding it in the template's index.php file the only way to do this?

When displaying a module with a title, how do I prevent it from being collapsible? I want to display it normally just like the desktop version.

I prefer the Reveal animation for panels. How do I change this?

Are there any plans to provide a right panel for this or any other template? The dropdown for the popup seems a bit odd.

And probably some bugs...

If I click any of these links in the Advance section of the template's style configuration page...
Edit css/custom.css
Edit css/custom_preload.txt
Edit js/custom.js
Edit js/custom_preload.txt (is .txt the correct extension?)

...I get an error.
An error has occurred.
 0 Invalid controller: name='source', format=''

The Basic template has the same issue. Also, the documentation link for the Basic template is incorrect. It's going to www.mobilejoomla.com/documentation/15-templates/83-elegance-mobile-joomla-template.html which doesn't appear to exist anyway. I get a 404 error.

Thanks,

Kurtis

Re: IOS 9 Template questions 8 years, 5 months ago #19734

• klhouser
  • Fresh Boarder
I was able to do these myself by directly changing the template's index.php file.
- Disable Back and Home buttons
- Static title in the toolbar (Displaying article titles here doesn't really work well on mobile devices, especially if they are long. And most are.)
- Add right panel in place of the dropdown
- Change panel animation to Reveal
It would be nice to have these as template options though. Maybe some already are and I've just missed them...

The only thing I still need help with is how to disable the collapsible module title.

Thanks,

Kurtis

Re: IOS 9 Template questions 8 years, 5 months ago #19735

Hi Kurtis,

Good to know you resolved the other questions of yours. Do you still have that error message from the Template Advanced settings? If so, can you provide us a screenshot, version of the template and mj?

I'll also follow-up your question about the collapsible menu module.

Best,

John Mark C.
Mobile Joomla! Support

Re: IOS 9 Template questions 8 years, 5 months ago #19738

• klhouser
  • Fresh Boarder
Hi John,

I'm using the latest versions of both; MJ 2.1.4 & Mobile_iOS9 1.0.2.

The issue is with all modules not just menu modules. The default behavior is apparently to make it collapsible if Show Title is set to Show. I think the default should be to display the modules normally just like the desktop version of a site. Then add options to make them 'collapsible open' or 'collapsible closed.' Having them collapsible based on whether or not the title is hidden is definitely not a good choice. There's no way to display an uncollapsed module with the title. It's just not standard Joomla behavior.

As for the error message, just click one of the links on your local install and you'll see it. It looks as if the issue is with line 53 of /templates/mobile_ios9/fields/jqmassets.php.
$url = 'index.php?option=com_templates&task=source.edit&id=' . base64_encode($template->id . ':' . $file);

The Joomla Template Manager edit links look like this.
/administrator/index.php?option=com_templates&view=template&id=10865&file=L2Nzcy9jdXN0b20uY3Nz

I also noticed that template_thumbnail.png is incorrect. It appears to the old version of the Basic template. The template_thumbnail.png for the Basic template is probably outdated as well.

Thanks,

Kurtis

Re: IOS 9 Template questions 8 years, 5 months ago #19755

• klhouser
  • Fresh Boarder
I'm still waiting on that follow-up. Any progress on the collapsible module title issue?

Thanks,

Kurtis

Re: IOS 9 Template questions 8 years, 4 months ago #19789

• klhouser
  • Fresh Boarder
One month later and still no follow-up...

"When displaying a module with a title, how do I prevent it from being collapsible? I want to display it normally just like the desktop version."
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.23 seconds

By continuing to use this site you consent to the use of cookies on your device as described in our cookie policy unless you have disabled them. This site will not function correctly without cookies.

I accept cookies from this site.