Username Password: Remember me

Markup Switcher Not Switching
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: Markup Switcher Not Switching

Markup Switcher Not Switching 11 years, 3 months ago #13480

• lunky84
  • Fresh Boarder
The markup switcher on the website i'm working on switches the URL e.g…

www.domain.com/?device=iphone

to...

www.domain.com/?device=desktop

but the template does not switch i.e visit the site on a mobile, it continues to use the mobile template. Type 'www.domain.com/?device=iphone' in to a desktop browser and it continues to use the standard template.

So the link changes the URL as it should but the template stays as it was and doesn't change.

The site is running Joomla 1.5.26 (the latest version of 1.5).

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks,
lunky84

Re: Markup Switcher Not Switching 11 years, 3 months ago #13482

• dryabov
  • Administrator
  • Denis Ryabov, Lead Developer
Is it may be that you made mobile template to be default one or assigned it to menu item (in both cases MJ should display corresponding warning in "General" tab)?

Re: Markup Switcher Not Switching 11 years, 3 months ago #13596

• lunky84
  • Fresh Boarder
I have modified the iphone template and told all devices to use that template. I have moved the site on to a testing server and the Markup Switcher works perfectly.

What could cause the Markup Switcher to work on one hosting environment and not another? Could if be the version of PHP that the server is running? The live hosting is currently on 5.2.9 and the development server 5.3.17
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.06 seconds

By continuing to use this site you consent to the use of cookies on your device as described in our cookie policy unless you have disabled them. This site will not function correctly without cookies.

I accept cookies from this site.