mobile site served randomly to desktop
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: mobile site served randomly to desktop

mobile site served randomly to desktop 12 years ago #8578

• tom123
  • Fresh Boarder
Hello,

I have a strange problem. The mobile website is served, rather randomly, amongst my users. I myself have seen it on three of my computers. This occurs in the last versions of chrome and firefox, on windows and mac. After clearing the cache, the browsers return to their proper website. In the url, I can see when the mobile site is being served because the string ?device=xhtml is appended to the urls. I tried disabling the Tera-WURFL plugin and using the base checker, but this did not resolve the problem. I have over 3,000 people on my website every day, and a lot of them are being served the mobile site when they are in fact using their desktop.
Please Advise,

Best Regards,
tom123

Re: mobile site served randomly to desktop 11 years, 10 months ago #9966

I have the same problem. Mobile site keeps showing. I click on desktop. If I am on the home page this works. But any other page I move to the mobile site is shown again and clicking on the desktop link does not help.
Clearing Cookies helps.
I have this happen on Chrome and Firefox, newest versions.
This is very unsettling - how many of the people visiting my site get shown the mobile version and give up when trying to change to desktop but this doesn't work?
I have no idea.

Is there a way to change this?

Re: mobile site served randomly to desktop 11 years, 9 months ago #10189

I have the same error! People who visit the website on the desktop see the mobile version (it's being redirected to iphone.domain.com). Running the latest version (1.1.0) on joomla 1.5.20.

Re: mobile site served randomly to desktop 11 years, 9 months ago #10203

• chadgarber
  • Fresh Boarder
I am having the same issue. All the sudden, the site started serving the mobile version up from chrome and wouldn't fix untill I completely uninstalled mobilejoomla completely. I have the latest version of everything (joomla, mobilejoomla, etc.)

Re: mobile site served randomly to desktop 11 years, 9 months ago #10221

• chadgarber
  • Fresh Boarder
I figured out it was only doing this on Chrome and once I removed a bunch of apps I had installed on Chrome and cleared out the history, it works perfectly now.
Last Edit: 11 years, 9 months ago by chadgarber.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.11 seconds

By continuing to use this site you consent to the use of cookies on your device as described in our cookie policy unless you have disabled them. This site will not function correctly without cookies.

I accept cookies from this site.