Username Password: Remember me

overriding my PC template
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: overriding my PC template

overriding my PC template 12 years, 8 months ago #4976

• briand
  • Fresh Boarder
Not sure if I have done something wrong but I updated to the latest version and when I went to my home page on my laptop it looked like a mobile template, I had to uninstall the whole program. Can anybody tell me why?

Re: overriding my PC template 12 years, 8 months ago #4977

• dryabov
  • Administrator
  • Denis Ryabov, Lead Developer
What is UserAgentString of your browser (get it at www.mobilejoomla.com/ua.php)?

Re: overriding my PC template 12 years, 8 months ago #4984

• briand
  • Fresh Boarder
Your user agent: Mozilla/5.0 (compatible; MSIE 9.0; Windows NT 6.1; Trident/5.0; MATP)

Re: overriding my PC template 12 years, 8 months ago #4985

• dryabov
  • Administrator
Hmm, on latest 1.0RC this browser (IE9) is correctly determined as non-mobile device.
So, I don't know how it's possible.

Re: overriding my PC template 12 years, 8 months ago #4994

• Stejy
  • Fresh Boarder
Hi

I'm having a similar problem, the site appears to be trying to be a mobile version on the desktop browser, I'm using joomla 1.5.2.0

Your user agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-GB; rv:1.9.2.10) Gecko/20100914 Firefox/3.6.10 GTB7.1 (.NET CLR 3.5.30729)

Also I now don't seem to be able to uninstall it, templates are all greyed out under uninstall so I can't select them, is there another way to remove?

Thanks

Re: overriding my PC template 12 years, 8 months ago #4996

• dryabov
  • Administrator
1. To remove MJ just uninstall MobileJoomla component.

2. MJ shows mobile pages in the following cases only:
a) Browser's UserAgent string is determined as mobile devices (based on Mobile-Simple or Mobile-TeraWURFL plugin). This case may be tested at www.mobilejoomla.com/uatest.php
b) Mobile view was selected with corresponding link in "Select Markup" module. This case may be tested by clearing of cookies.
c) You visit mobile subdomain. There is no to test as it's clear from address bar.

The fact that mobile template is shows on desktop pc most likely means that there is some problems with caching. First of all I'd check:
a) System-Cache plugin is either disabled or runned after "Mobile Joomla Plugin".
b) If you use frontend+backend servers the check that frontend server is not able to mix cached data for different devices.

Re: overriding my PC template 12 years, 8 months ago #4997

• jthrongard
  • Fresh Boarder
Unfortunately, I am having the same problem.  

Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1) AppleWebKit/535.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/13.0.782.107 Safari/535.1

I've looked at everything and I cannot get the mobile site to NOT display on a desktop without disabling Mobile Joomla plugin.  I am using Joomla 1.7 as well with no TeraWurfl.  My plugins are in the proper order as well.

HELP!  I just spent all day designing this mobile site and really want to use it but need my full site as well!

www.simplecmsdesign.com

Re: overriding my PC template 12 years, 8 months ago #5003

• trackpads
  • Fresh Boarder
I have this problem occasionally with my site but it is fixed pretty easily. For some reason when I edit the mobile theme or sometimes force view it on my desktop then the entire site will ook like its mobile and I cannot switch back. However, using a second machine in the house my site shows normal. Alsways see if you can check on a second computer.

In my case it is something with the computer cache. What I have to do is delete the cache in the browser and restart the machine. For some reason just restarting the browser that I am using doesnt always work.

But like I said, make sure you check on a second machine, I disabled the entire extension once just to find it was my computer, not the site.

Hope this helps,

-Jason

Re: overriding my PC template 12 years, 8 months ago #5005

• dryabov
  • Administrator
Jason, you are right. MobileJoomla saves current mobile mode as a part of "Select markup" feature. As a result, preview of mobile template forces MJ to save corresponding "mode" and use it further on (otherwise preview will work for homepage only).

Re: overriding my PC template 12 years, 8 months ago #5009

• jthrongard
  • Fresh Boarder
Guys, I wish that was the case....it's not here.  I've checked the site on several other computers and it's defaulting to the pda template everytime.  The pda template is not set to the default template.  Rocketheme's Reflex template is.  I've also turned off all of the Reflex template's mobile options.

Check my link.  Does it look like a mobile website to you?  If it is, there will be a menu dead center in the content area.  If not you'll see a big banner rotator.  

Please help.  I'm willing to share login info with someone to check things over.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.11 seconds

By continuing to use this site you consent to the use of cookies on your device as described in our cookie policy unless you have disabled them. This site will not function correctly without cookies.

I accept cookies from this site.