Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me

SAMSUNG GALAXY S - GINGERBREAD ANDROID 2.3.3 NOT RECOGNIZED
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: SAMSUNG GALAXY S - GINGERBREAD ANDROID 2.3.3 NOT RECOGNIZED

SAMSUNG GALAXY S - GINGERBREAD ANDROID 2.3.3 NOT RECOGNIZED 12 years, 9 months ago #4610

• fraban
  • Fresh Boarder
Hi - we´re still developing mobile pages with Mobile Joomla. At the moment we have a curios problem. I guess its a TeraWurfl missing entry.
We are testing pages with different mobiles and with different versions of OS.   Problem now is:
Samsung Galaxy S

We have 2 phones here. 1st with Android 2.2  and 2nd with Android 2.3.3 ( newest Gingerbread). 
Android 2.2 phone is working and recognized well, but same phone with Android 2.3.3 displays wrong calculated content. 
2.2 Android gets width=320  from TeraWurfl
2.3.3 Android gets width=240 ( because its not recognized by Tera Wurfl ) Thats the reason we guess

userAgent Variable is for 2.3.3 Android
[userAgent]=> Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.3: xx-xx; GT-I9000 Build/GINGERBREAD) AppleWebKit/533.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/533.1...

There is no match with teraWurfl.   

How can we fix this? 
Cam we update terawurfl without updating mobile joomla.

Or other question. Next release of mobile joomla is scheduled for:  ??  DATE ??

Would be nice to get some information about the next release date.

Thanks and regards
Frank

Re: SAMSUNG GALAXY S - GINGERBREAD ANDROID 2.3.3 NOT RECOGNIZED 12 years, 9 months ago #4611

• dryabov
  • Administrator
  • Denis Ryabov, Lead Developer
Next MJ release will include new TeraWURFL version (now it's called WURFL DB API) with updated WURFL database. Seems it contains special improvement for Androids.

Next MJ version will be released on ~15 July. There are a lot of changes, and we need some time to finalize and test it.

Re: SAMSUNG GALAXY S - GINGERBREAD ANDROID 2.3.3 NOT RECOGNIZED 12 years, 9 months ago #4612

• fraban
  • Fresh Boarder
Ok thank you for the quick reply.  So we´ll be patient until 15th July and do our tests with "older" systems  
Regards
Frank

Re: SAMSUNG GALAXY S - GINGERBREAD ANDROID 2.3.3 NOT RECOGNIZED 12 years, 9 months ago #4645

• fraban
  • Fresh Boarder
Hi - still one question about the timeline. 
Are you still in time with the next release, as you told last week  approx. 15th July ? 
Regards
Frank
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.10 seconds

By continuing to use this site you consent to the use of cookies on your device as described in our cookie policy unless you have disabled them. This site will not function correctly without cookies.

I accept cookies from this site.