Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me

My Mobile Device Is Not Recognized (at least halfway).
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: My Mobile Device Is Not Recognized (at least halfway).

My Mobile Device Is Not Recognized (at least halfway). 13 years ago #3827

• dmudie
  • Fresh Boarder
Hi... I'm really interested in Mobile Joomla, but I'm having some problems. I have created a test site (www.TodaysNote.Com). I have installed the latest version of Mobile Joomla and set out to test it with a Palm Pre. I have also used an iphone emulation with the firefox user agent switcher. The iPhone test appears to work fine. With the palm pre, the following happens. If I provide a forwarding URL for a smartphone (XHTML), the browser in the phone is forwarded to that URL. If instead, I turn off the forwarding URL, and instead provide a template under the smartphone URL, the site displays the regular template instead of the one specified.
I then made a note of the user agent for the pre. It is Mozilla/5.0 (webOS/1.4.5; U; en-CA) AppleWebKit/532.2 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/1.0 Safari/532.2 Pre/1.0. I put this in the UA switcher for firefox. The result was that neither the forwarding nor substituting the mobile template works. I have tried all the tests with multisite support both on and off. Can anyone point me in the direction as to why the palm pre is recognized when forwarding, but not when changing templates... and not when using the same UA string (copied and pasted in) on firefox. Thanks, David.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.06 seconds

By continuing to use this site you consent to the use of cookies on your device as described in our cookie policy unless you have disabled them. This site will not function correctly without cookies.

I accept cookies from this site.